Skip to main content
Solved

New customer, trying to access online account?

• 27 August 2024
  • 8 replies

Good morning,

We’ve been trying to set up an OVO account online for two months now. When we moved in, there were letters to The Occupier with an account number.

I spoke to someone on 2nd July and they said they’d be in touch. Since then I’ve heard nothing. I sent the meter readings by email and still, zero response. 

Every time I try to set up an online account I keep getting the oops message.

Is it normal that it takes this long? Is there anything I am not doing right?

Grateful for any advice.

TIA

You’re probably doing everything right, but the system (or perhaps your computer) is failing you.

Try this: open a new private browser window and visit account.ovoenergy.com. After getting rid of the cookie dialogue, you should see a Set up account link. Try that.

The problem may have been with the link you were given to set up your account.

Thank you very much for your quick response. I have tried a different window and a different browser but no luck either. Maybe I will have to send an actual letter by post.

Hey @Beaton

Have you spoken with one of our Customer Care team and did they complete the move in process with you? If not, call them so they can complete this for you, get everything set up, and ensure that the move-in dates are correct. They’ll also ensure that any meter readings that’ve been sent in via email are updated on the account.

We also have a handy guide detailing the process here:

I hope this helps! 

Hey Chris,

I spoke to someone on 2nd July and they said they’d be in touch. Since then I’ve heard nothing. I sent the meter readings by email and still, zero response.

I can’t get anywhere on the website as it won’t let me create an account. Only thing I managed to get into is this forum.

Hey @Beaton,

I’m still unclear to whether you actually have an energy account created with us. Have you received a welcome pack or any emails or such like in your name to suggest one has been created for you? 

If you don’t have an energy account/account number then you’ll not be able to sign up online as the associated energy account doesn’t exist. 

We don’t have account access here as this is just a public Forum so if you can reach out to Customer Care they’ll be able to help get this resolved for you. You can reach them by following this link

GWhen we moved in, there were letters to The Occupier with an account number.

Are you trying to use that account number?

If so then that will not work

That account number belongs to the person who moved out - it is not yours. (And you don't want it to be, it may owe money, and probably does if letters are being sent to ‘The occupier).

Which could be why nobody got back to you, that account number is someone else's not yours.

You need to register as a new customer and get a new account number of your own.

Thank you, everyone. Have finally managed to get it sorted with the help of a lovely and competent customer care lady called Fatima.

Great to hear @Beaton! I’m delighted that you managed to get it sorted, and if you ever have any questions, the Forum’s always here to help. 😃