Solved

My usage page on the App is still showing my Variable rates before the Energy Price Guarantee?

Why is the app not showing  the new rate agreed in Oct 1st. 
the account side of the app is still making errors

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 11 October 2022, 13:40

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @Scalpaynewbie,

I should be able to help with this, I just need a bit more information. 

Were you on the Simpler Variable Tariff? Or a fixed rate and affected by the Energy Price Guarantee?

Can you send a screenshot of the App and Online Account where it shows your plan details. And send a screenshot of your tariff confirmation letter, where it shows your new rates.

Let’s get to the bottom of this!

I’m on variable plan and d/d. The plan has correct billing rate but the usage screen is still showing previous plan (26.xxpence) . The meter is transmitting data because The correct info is being seen by the Loop App (new app) and correct consumption/charges. 
so issue is in the OVO online app or your billing process. 
I’m consuming approx 35-40Kwhr/day.. and the app is showing much less. Sending meter readings is easy but that not the point. I want to see consumption daily on the OVO app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Scalpaynewbie 

Have a look on this page on website not the app

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

Here is mine for example

You can toggle to show the estimated readings which can sometimes help.

These are the readings that are driving the bills.

When did the daily smart meter readings stop?

Quite a few people have had issues recently that have rectified themselves over time, including me

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Scalpaynewbie

When the bill is working you should see something like this if your bill straddles over the 1st Oct and you are on the Simpler Energy tariff. 

This is mine as an example 

The meter has not (according to the web page..NOT App) been getting Smart reading since Aug 21...in fact on the web page never a smart reading since it was installed in Aug 2020.

Thats not correct as it was working in smart mode up to mid June when Ovo was preparing to go standalone.

Info is getting to DCC (government communication ) as I’ve registered with the app Loop Energy….so it definite;ly OVO’s internal issue.

All my reading history says “Manual” except 25th Sept (Smart)….

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Scalpaynewbie OK.

So we have seen a few different issues before with other posters

So let's rule out one of them. Ask OVO to set both your gas and electricity meters for 30min readings. 

We see a few customers where OVO pick up a very different frequency of readings on an ongoing basis and this surprisingly fixed it. Sometimes once a month or even less if the monthly reading failed for some reason. 

So let's try that unless you have already asked them to do that recently? 

Thanks...we are electricity only with OVO as there is no distributed gas here.

I have done the health check twice and told to wait 45 days…. its now 83 days.

Do you suggest I call them or email/chat OVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 20/10/23 by Abby_OVO: 

Thanks...we are electricity only with OVO as there is no distributed gas here.

I have done the health check twice and told to wait 45 days…. its now 83 days.

Do you suggest I call them or email/chat OVO

Hi @Scalpaynewbie given you say loop is working it is certainly worth a try. It doesn't sound like a meter issue as you say. 

I would recommend sending a private message via the ovo twitter or Facebook page. 

The ovo staff there can make the change as they have access to your account

In the private message you need to include your name, address, account number and date of birth to pass security, along with your request to change your electricity meter reading frequency to 30min.

It is probably easier than waiting on the phone or webchat as you don't actually need to speak to anyone. 

Give it a week after the request and see if anything changes 

For up to date information about the current price cap please head to our website. Or check out this helpful FAQ to find out more about how this may impact you and what support is available:

If you’re worried about your bills, we have lots of support available. See here for more information about OVO’s Customer Support Package

Please explain me why my energy rates is still 63,46 per unit kWh but in my OVO plan is  31.49 per unit kWh 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Where are you seeing the 63.46 rate ?

If it’s on your IHD smart meter display have a look at this 

Morning thanks for your reply now is everything ok thanks one more time 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ouch! That’s high !! Are you saying that rate is still showing, or has it been reduced to 31.49p now?

Such a 🙁 unit shows on my account at The moment 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sorry to ask more… is that bill for a period pre October? 

Hi

NO prob ,screenshot i did yesterday 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

But what period does it cover?

25 sep - 17 oct this year 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Emmanuelle_OVO What do you make of this ?

Userlevel 7

Hi @Tom78 and thanks for flagging this. 

Are you able to go to the Plan section of your online account and confirm the contract start date shown? What are the unit rates for this?

https://account.ovoenergy.com/plan

Have we been in contact with you via email to advise of moving to the variable rate, Simpler with the Energy Price Guarantee

Twitter team came up with a solution which was to increase the update collection to every 30mins. Now the app is working. But the calculated cost is still working off pre energy cap price. 
So almost fixed. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Scalpaynewbie,

I’m glad part of the issue has been resolved!

When you select ‘show daily consumption charges’ is it still showing the old rates? Have you had your monthly statement… if so, what does that show?

The app is still showing and calculating usage with the old rate, but in the account page it show the new rate from Oct 1st. so the calculated daily, weekly pages are misleading as they should correct kWh’s but wrong cost.

New bill is due after the 24th Oct so it will be best to wait and see. No doubt billing dept will use the correct rate.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Scalpaynewbie,

Thanks for your reply.

My advice would be to make sure you check the rates on the next statement are accurate as that’s how you’ll be charged.

If the app is still showing the incorrect rates by the end of the month you can send in a photo via web messenger and it can be raised as a tech issue. 

Are the rate all supost to be the same under 

That price sceme per unit 2500 per year