Solved

Missing comparison bars on usage graphs

Missing comparison bars on usage graphs. Data appears when cursor over the usage bar but no comparison bar (Black/Dark Grey)

icon

Best answer by Firedog 4 March 2024, 01:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

I’ve had this problem. It turned out to be my browser’s fault; using a different one, the comparison bars came back.

Many thanks for that Firedog, it only started happening about a week ago so I thought that perhaps OVO had changed something. I had a couple of downloads, one from Microsoft and one from Norton so I shall work on those as well as trying a different Browser.

Hi again Firedog, tried a different browser and the updates (MS one is irreversible) no joy. No worries, not that important.

Userlevel 7
Badge

I use Edge. The lines are visible in the Stable version 121, but not in Dev or Canary 123. The lines are also visible if I manage to rotate the chart, e.g. by using split screen to make the window a lot narrower. This makes me think it’s either a Chromium thing or possibly unique to Edge 122+, because they’ve now disappeared from Stable 122. Nothing to do with a Windows update, I think. 

This is Stable:

Same version, narrow window:

I can’t explain it, I’m afraid. I’ll be submitting feedback to the Edge developers, but they’ll be handicapped by not having access to a page to test. 

Cheers, I shall give that a go tomorrow.

Userlevel 7

Cheers, I shall give that a go tomorrow.

Keep us posted @easy12 

Yes split screen worked on my usual Browser. Strange though that this has only recently started happening.

My account can’t find my usage data. I have Ovo meters but I don’t have a smart meter. I checked and Ovo smart meters aren’t being offered in my area yet. Therefore, I try to update my readings every week (I started on the 4th March) but on Sunday and Monday just gone, my usage data is missing. My account wants me to update my account every half hour, but this is impossible due to me using a manual meter. How do I fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @xlime4 , it may be that your account has accidentally been set for 30min readings which, as you say, without a smart meter is not practical. 
It might be worth contacting customer support to check your account. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @xlime4 

Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having there.

BPLightlog has offered some good advice already in contacting the Support Team, they’ll be able to access your account and see what the issue might be. 

My understanding is that if they’re not smart meters, we wouldn’t have any way of setting up a meter reading schedule, such as every half hour, like BPLightlog mentioned, so it’s likely to be something else, unless they are showing as smart meters on the system for some reason.

I think it’ll definitely be worth getting in touch with the Support Team so they can check out what might be going on to cause that, and they can then help get things sorted.

Just as a n extra check, when you look at the ‘Month’ view at the top of that same page, do you see any data there instead?

Keep us updated with how you get on.