Skip to main content

Finally after more than a year I have been migrated onto the new system. The result?

Smart meter is no longer being read.

There is no billing history or usage from my 12 odd years with OVO.

Online dashboard doesn’t have facility to enter two readings (I have economy 7 contract) and I have to give readings manually via chat facility.

I reported this to OVO via chat to give last month’s readings, was asked to supply various bits of information (WAN and HAN rate for instance) which I duly did. That was over 2 weeks ago and apart from an automated resonse I have heard nothing.

Don’t panic yet. It may take some time for data to filter across from your account.

If you have a smart phone, have a look at the OVO Energy app for iOS and Android. Some account functions are slightly different there from those on the website, and you may find that you’re able to submit your day/night readings there.

Meanwhile, visit your new Profile page and check that the details there are correct. Scroll down to 

and (I would suggest) make sure both half-hour options are selected. Those options are also available in the app.

That said, it’s only essential to submit one reading each month (on the first day of the billing period) to be sure of getting an accurate bill. 

So the app seems to recognise that I have E7 and allows 2 readings (std and econ) so that’s an improvement. I have done the settings as you suggested (they were not set) so I will check tomorrow as that is my billing day and see where we are. I will submit manually if necessary. I don’t understand why a staff member on the help desk didn’t suggest using the app.

PS The online portal still seems unable to handle E7