Live billing, meter readings and understanding my online account

Show first post

133 replies

Just received aĀ Ā billing email from Ovo Ā  Expected the the email to be the last billing period ie November -December However the email is covering the last two billing periods ie October-December and has added Both bills together producing a Debit

Furthermore All billing periods have been paid including up to 8 th December Ā on checking billing 9 th December I was Zero credit and currently todays balance is Ā£2.64 Debit which is what I expect it to be since all periods been paid and no further readings have been sent since 9 th December to cover the last billing period for the 8 th DecemberĀ 

My last card payment was also on the 9Ā th December to cover last billing periodĀ 

in the email it states card payment of Ā£105 yet I paid Ā£249 .06 to cover the last billing period which would seems logical as todayā€™s balance of Ā£2.64 debitĀ 

Do I ignore the email and go with my account knowing Iā€™m up to date or do I reply to the email assuming the email is Manned to get a responseĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ps I already checked my bank account and the larger amount has went through there should be No mention of lower amount as it shouldnā€™t exist as nowhere on my account should I have the lower amount to payĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If the outcome (final debit or credit) is what you expect, I would think the rest is the system just catching up with things.Ā 
It may be that your payment has been split or relates to an earlier event.Ā 
Sometimes previous bills are adjusted if there are other factors to considerĀ 

Ok Ā BP Lightlog Iā€™ll ignore email for nowĀ 

CheersĀ 

Hi Folks

Last few months account has been fine Ā  However this has now changed and of course is now wrong againĀ 

Received visit from Morrison Data Services wasnā€™t at home card in letter box regarding meter readings

This was 22nd March 5 days ago. I sent readings online on that day. I also sent readings to Morrison pointing out I did not require them to visit premises as I can do my own readings online and have accurate readings up to date Ā  I received an email from Ovo customer care that this information that I did not require house visits and do my own reading from Morrison.Ā 
they asked me for account details etc, so they could change account accordingly to reflect this. Shortly after another email from ovo stating they have amended the account so no more visits from Morrison requiredĀ 

so on 22 nd March I put in my readings and balance of account etc, was as it should be. Keeping an eye on account a few days later I saw the same meter readings entered again but still stating the same date 22 nd March ie, duplicated I assumed it must be Morrison Data Services putting in the readings that I sent them despite pointing out I had submitted them Ā  It didnā€™t seem to matter to the account as still all looked fine with a balance at that time was Ā£42.18 so no changesĀ 

On checking the account today my balance is now Ā£254.95 in CREDIT ?Why my balance from today taking into account all accurate readings from beginning of this billing and readings submitted on 22 nd March and the 5 days from 22 nd to today 29 th with vat should be todays balance of Ā£49.47 in DEBIT which is what it should be based on accurate readings vat etc,Ā 

Also why this sudden credit as all previous bills since migration to ovo has been paid in Full day after billing period. Account was fine until Morrison data services and ovo customer care intervenedĀ 

If I contact Ovo who knows what theyā€™ll do with the account next Ā  How can a simple adding and subtraction IT Ā SystemĀ get billing completely wrong on a regular basisĀ 

so the dilemma is contact ovo or wait to see if it corrects itself although I doubt it willĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Since the above question I have looked at my bill since being migrated since September 2023

According to my billing downloads I started with being in credit accordingly I have been paying each billing period balance as after putting in each reading it comes up to a debit balance hence paying that monthly bill.Ā 
each download since migrated states a credit balance since I have as said above paid each billing period as it always shows debit after submitting readings at end of each billing period.Ā 

So unless thereā€™s something I donā€™t know if Iā€™m in credit as a result of paying each billing period How does it show a debt due after I have been submitting accurate meter readingsĀ 

im finding it a bit strange that at migrating I started off in Credit when I always only paid the previous bills prior to Ā migrating in full and in accordance with accurate meter readings Ā Iā€™m afraid something doesnā€™t make sense unless thereā€™s something Iā€™m not aware off

Any ideas an account that doesnā€™t make sense can produce any type of billing in the futureĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well folks didnā€™t contact ovo. Checked online account today found that todays balance has resorted back to what itā€™s original balance of Debit and the Ā£254.95 Credit has now disappeared on itā€™s ownĀ 

can any customer really trust Ovo Energy when they canā€™t keep their online accounts accurate and stable See what account shows tomorrow who knowsĀ 

Userlevel 4
Badge

HiĀ @Pilgrim2,Ā 

I think this could be easily explained with a call to our Support Team. If you get in touch Iā€™mĀ positive they will be able to talk you through the balance.

We also have a lot of information on our Billing system here.

Keep us updated on what you findĀ šŸ˜Š