Live billing, meter readings and understanding my online account

Show first post

133 replies

Using your link works. What Iā€™m doing is going into profile at the bottom of the homepage which takes me to profile but as said only person details. Iv taken note of your linkĀ 

cheersĀ 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

MyOVO != The OVO Forum. They are completely independent of each other. Worth making sure youā€™re in the right place! :D

The home page shows the billing periods. Ā The last billing period ended on the 8 th October. On that day sent in meter readings to obtain an accurate bill. When looking into the current billing period started on the 9 th October the billing shows one days standing charge but no energy consumption this is missing. I would have expected that the readings given on the last billing date the 8 th October would have been brought forward to the next billing period on the 9 th October to obtain an accurate billing at the end of this Now current period. As this was not the case I sent another set of readings on the 9 th October expecting those readings to show up on in the new current billing period. These readings ended in the last billing period despite this period being ended. I noticed that the last billing period has bill Pending is this the problem and when does this become bill Available. Moreover when this billing period becomes available does the current billing period then display the previous readings I submitted as given more readings would go into the last billing period once more. How can this be and why current billing period not have any meter readings despite sending themĀ 

Ā 

Hi folksĀ 

if you could be patient as I have sent question under bills but forgot to send pics and had to send them under account as system wouldnā€™t let me repeat the bills topic so youā€™ll see the pics under different headings but is related to the original question under bills

tganksĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

1. "As this was not the case I sent another set of readings on the 9 th October expecting those readings to show up on in the new current billing period. These readings ended in the last billing period despite this period being ended."

That is how the billing system works with readings. If you enter readings early on the day after your billing period they appear on last billing period. So nothing to worry about.

2."Ā I noticed that the last billing period has bill Pending is this the problem and when does this become bill Available"

The bill will be available in a few working days. So keep an eye out for it.

3. "October the billing shows one days standing charge but no energy consumption this is missing"Ā 

That is normal on the first day of the billing period. You will see the standing charge but not a usage until after the first day. Nothing to worry about. That is how the system has been designed.Ā 

Thanks JeffusĀ 

mill monitor it and hopefully by next week itā€™ll be normalĀ 

Im assuming the last readings will show up in current billing period when it settles down if not Iā€™ll send more readings next weekĀ 

cheersĀ 

Userlevel 7

Yep you wonā€™t be able to view your forum topics via your OVO online account, @Pilgrim2.Ā 

Ā 

When on the forum site (that includes this very topic), go to the top right of the forum homepage and click on the circle that has P (your profile picture). There will be a drop down menu and ā€˜Topic threadsā€™ will be the second option.Ā 

Thanks I found itĀ 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Pilgrim2,

Ā 

I notice this is another new topic. Later today Iā€™ll be combining your multiple topics into one big thread so all the advice and follow up questions is in one place.Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ll leave a comment and tag you in it when Iā€™m done.Ā 

Thanks for the helpĀ 

Userlevel 7

Here we are, @Pilgrim2.

Ā 

Each topic you created and all the comments made on them have been combined into one topic. This topic.

Ā 

For anything to do with understanding your OVO account, billing, meter readings and that sort of thing, weā€™ll keep it all together for you here in this topic.Ā 

So when I ask other questions do I put in the headings Ā section ā€˜This Topic ā€˜ then further down I click ā€˜My Account ā€˜ then enter the comments in comments box Ā  In that sequenceĀ 

Had another look at ā€˜This Topicā€™ If I want to ask another question it now seems that if I tap ā€˜this This Topicā€™ then go down to Green tab ask the community then the question and reply wil be in This Topic section automatically keeping everything togetherĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes you are correct. We can see youā€™re in the right place now. Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Yes thatā€™s it, @Pilgrim2.Ā 

Ā 

Had another look at ā€˜This Topicā€™ If I want to ask another question it now seems that if I tap ā€˜this This Topicā€™ then go down to Green tab ask the community then the question and reply wil be in This Topic section automatically keeping everything togetherĀ 

Ā 

If you do this it will all be in this topic thread so much easier to keep track and give you good advice.

Iv been on the phone previously regarding this but itā€™s a mystery as to the logic of this issueĀ 

Iā€™m THTC and so have conventional meters whereby I send in meter readings Ā On reading how billing works customers with smart meters will have daily charge,vat, and energy consumption each day providing todayā€™s balance updated DailyĀ 

my Daily balance increases every few days more than that dayā€™s standing charge and vat Ā according to phone operator they add energy consumption to the Daily amount Ā I tried to reason that energy consumption is different from daily charge and as I give accurate meter readings at the the beginning and end day of current billing period it seems logical to me that you would Not need estimates of energy consumption added to daily balance every few days over the billing period Ā 

mot might be that the estimates will even out when they get accurate meter readings on last day of billing period Ā But seems a strange system to use Ā  Iā€™d expect them to wait to get last days meter readings rather than have numerical Ā estimated values in the system as does not involve smart metersĀ 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, your balance isĀ decreasing because thatā€™s a debit, not a credit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Pilgrim2Ā , if you think about it, you use energy daily anyway so all thatā€™s happening is that this is being estimated until you send in a reading. At that point, the real reading adjusts everything to where it should be so itā€™s just a way of showing daily charges without having a reading

Ā 

Thanks for the reason answers Folks

I do understand what everyone is saying I just think that the way itā€™s done is a bit Negative Logic to the setup Ā and design of the billing program to me anywayĀ 

cheersĀ 

Ok looking at figures again can see charges and vat comes ie, Ā£10.46+Ā£0.52p =Ā£11.02. Minus Ā£1.00 payment = balance Ā£10.00 in debit thatā€™s fine apart from the fact that credit was Ā£0.02 then becomes Ā£0.02 debit obviously itā€™s only small figures, small change but still shows that ovo billing system is not accurate as its supposed to be and support these figures where larger figures producing debits that donā€™t exist Only SayingĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You are creating aĀ lotĀ of threads on this forum about basically the same thing. Please try to keep everything in one thread as itā€™s easier for us.

We will merge your new threads in the next few days.

I thought the idea was to keep the threads under the same topic Ā with each question in successionĀ 

where else am I to put the questionsĀ 

the many threads are about the same things as that what I need answers to exact details about these Things that are happening in the accountĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We can take care of that later as needed. For now, if youā€™re able to keep everything in one thread, everything stays linear for us and the moderators can merge/split later where needed.

Explanation is neededĀ 

im assuming that a thread is the terminology you young folks call a question and that you store all your questions/threads in one area in my case Topic

If Ā thatā€™s not how itā€™s organised will need more explanation. Ā Each time you ask question and put it in Topicā€™s itā€™s going to be individual even though these questions are similar so not quite got your meaning of organising everything as one thread and how that is doneĀ