Solved

Incomplete usage reporting on 'Month' reporting for gas

• 20 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’ve not seen this issue before but today (20th May) I went to get my May gas usage and it was only reporting up to the 15th. I looked at the day report for the 15th which was there but then I was able to right click right through to the 18th May and get the daily usage. Back to the month view and it is still only showing usage up to the 15th. Electric usage is being reported correctly as in the combined month report. This has to be an data processing error as it looks like the gas meter is reporting the data correctly.

Thanks

Peter

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 20 May 2023, 19:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2

this is exactly the same as mine but to get OVO “Tech team” to fix it is a joke, they are very happy to say it is your equipment because their “Tech Team” is inexperienced in problems arising on their website. Perhaps another company should do their reporting from them I now use Loop App because they can't fix their own website. Even though they are as far as I know not connected with OVO Perhaps Martin Lewis can help because he says he talks to OVO Quite regularly withe their CEO perhaps he can help us consumers to bring pressure to bear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Peter E , my usage feed is similar at present. Smart meters do drop their connection from time to time but will generally recover it after a few days. They are reliant on the DCC data hub of course which collects and passes on the data. 
Some other approved third party apps are useful in some circumstances but they use a slightly different data set. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

It's not dropping the connection though.

All the gas data is available on the Day tab but not on the Month tab. That's why I included the screen shots. That is a processing/display error. It's failing to recognise the collected gas data on Month tab.

Thanks for the reply though.

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

All the gas data is available on the Day tab but not on the Month tab. That's why I included the screen shots. That is a processing/display error. It's failing to recognise the collected gas data on Month tab.

Peter

Yes, understood. They do have to process the gas readings a little differently, given the calculations for calorific value and such which aren’t available from National Grid until after supply - it is frustrating when it’s missing though. I’m always surprised at the interest, given that not long ago we used to look for readings each quarter rather than every 30 mins 😂

Userlevel 5
Badge

Peter

Yes, understood. They do have to process the gas readings a little differently, given the calculations for calorific value and such which aren’t available from National Grid until after supply - it is frustrating when it’s missing though. I’m always surprised at the interest, given that not long ago we used to look for readings each quarter rather than every 30 mins 😂

@BPLightlog I would agree but they have calculated an energy value for the missing days which assumes they have the calorific value. No, it’s the difference between the two screens that is strange.

Thanks. Peter

Userlevel 5
Badge

So, the Month screen has mostly caught up with the Day data apart from the 20th (which is present with kWh values) so it just seems to be a lag in the system which I’ve not seen before. I hope this is not going to get worse.

Thanks for all your comments.

Peter

PS If you’re wondering about the high electric usage I have an EV. The trip down memory lane about quarterly readings was thought provoking.  It also seems mad now that the house is has now become a ‘filling station’ and powering the car!

Userlevel 3

Mine did this for a couple of days, but when I checked this morning it had sorted itself out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes mine too. Looks like there was a wider system issue which has now been sorted