in debt and in credit at same time. dealing with 2 systems??

• 9 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi I migrated to ovo in August £72 in credit. Immediately  got a bill for£903. They had estimated wrong meter reading. That reading has been amended but 4 months later this phooney bill is now £1300. In contact a dozen times, demands keep coming, but I'm £300 in credit no can do anything and told just ignore demands and £10 non payment charges.  The big problem I have now is that when I pay anything its not credited to my account its added to this phoney bill so the imagined debt keeps increasing. Any suggestions? At wits end

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

I’m sorry but this one feels extremely account specific. https://ovoenergy.com/feedback is probably your best bet.

Thanks, I'm tearing my hair out as everyone states I'm in credit. So nothing happens. Even the app says in in debt and credit at same time. Will keep on am cancer sufferer and don't need this stress. Thanks again

Userlevel 2

I feel your pain.  My account balance has changed 3 times in the last few days.  I don’t think OVO have a clue what they are doing.  I got a phone call from the Ombudsman advisor at OVO who agreed my balance was £1800 in credit plus gave me a £100 goodwill payment.

Since then my balance has jumped down to £900, up to £1200 and just logged just now and it’s back to £900 again.  They are still also showing a meter reading 4,000 units higher than it should be even although I have told them about it.

I have never been so stressed dealing with any company as this 😪

Userlevel 7

Hey @Worldturnedupsidedown,

I’m really sorry to hear this, 

I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages.

@Maureen D, OVO have to accept the remedy provided by the Ombudsman. I’d advise reaching out to them:

Also you should have been assigned a complaints handler with OVO, i’d advise emailing or calling them as well.