Solved

If i pay online by card, do i get a receipt from OVO

• 31 March 2024
  • 6 replies

• Carbon Cutter***
  • 5 replies

If i pay online by card, do i get a receipt from Ovo, as i am hearing that some customers, when paying by card are not seeing it on there account.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 1 April 2024, 17:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Dad ,

Yes, you do get one. If the receipt is issued, the transaction has completed and the funds will be added to the account balance within a few minutes - but usually within 90 seconds.

If you DON’T get a receipt, chances are the transaction was completely cancelled and you’ll be automatically refunded.

If i pay online by card, do i get a receipt from Ovo, as i am hearing that some customers, when paying by card are not seeing it on there account. Is it safe enough. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I already answered the question in my last response. Yes, it is safe. OVO wouldn’t offer it otherwise.

Those who “don’t see it” probably got snarled up in a transaction failure which would have triggered the automatic refund which in turn, would have returned the money to their bank account.

Userlevel 1

“ and the funds will be added to the account balance within a few minutes - but usually within 90 seconds”

I am afraid that is not true. I recently had a row with OVO when my payment was made on the 14th March but OVO didn’t credit it until the 15th March. The payment was still 4 days within the 14 days given to pay, or 3 days within if you accept OVO’s date the day after I actually paid. Not sure why 8 days after I paid I received an email urging me to pay by direct debit as OVO still thought that I had not paid. Given payments used to quarterly I surprised OVO aren’t forcing us to pay in advance if paying 10 days after the date of the bill is in OVOs word “a problem”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve told you before about this stuff Kevin. Those who come here purely to threadjack and take cheap shots at me once a year will find that I’m much more capable of turning the tables back on them than they are at me. I’ve gained far more experience over the last 10 months than many could possibly imagine over the last few years. Oh, and I miiiiiiiiiiight have a friend or two with a small sense of humour. :P

Don’t be that guy! Image credit: https://xkcd.com/386/

Every single time I’ve tested the system, it’s completed the entire transaction well within five minutes. There are edge cases where it can take 24 hours - but these are rare and are more often than not beyond the reasonable control of the merchant e.g. OVO. Blame the banks for being dodos if that stuff happens. They’re the ones with the outdated systems!

I am well known for testing OVO’s systems to the limits. If I were to actually find that something broke, it’d be flagged up to the right teams before you could even say the words Bug Report.

But I stand by my word - 99% of the time it goes through within 5 minutes. You should really aim to be paying much sooner than the 4 days before the deadline. While it is allowed and will be considered as on time, you are gambling with the devil by doing so. Ultimately, the sooner you pay, the faster the bill clears and the more time you’ve got to fix issues.

Quarterly billing is dying out across the energy market - fewer and fewer suppliers offer it these days. Eventually, I can foresee quarterly payments also dying out - only time will tell.

To be honest however... If your only intention here on the Forum is to try and take cheap shots at Forum Volunteers such as myself, then I personally think it’s best you don’t post at all.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Dad 

Like Blastoise186 has mentioned, you’ll receive a confirmation email or text to confirm the payment depending on your communication preference.

We’ve got a really helpful topic all about making a card payment online that may be helpful to you:

I hope this has been helpful to you. Let us know if you’ve got any other questions.🙂