Solved

I need the name changed on an account following a bereavement

• 4 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I have power of attorney for my mother. My father passed away in July 2022 and since August 2022 I have been trying to get the account transferred into my mothers name. I have completed all the forms and emailed them (at least 4 times). I have raised a complaint, which was opened and closed without anything happening, I then escalated it, and actually got a response and was told that it had all gone through and all I needed to do was put the meter readings in, in December.

December 2023 - I have just tried to put the meter readings in, only to be told that is was still in progress and I am unable to put the meter readings in, so I have raised another complaint, in which they have 8 weeks to decide to do something about and too late to put readings in, so will have to wait another 3 months!

We have had no payment since June 2022!

This service is an absolute disgrace and I am not sure what else I can do

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 12 December 2023, 17:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @DFLuke123,

Really sorry to hear of your loss, and so sorry for the delayed response to your topic.

I think the best thing to do, would be to deal with the bereavement team directly. They may need your mother to be present when you call, they’ll be able to take your meter readings over the phone. You can also contact our call our dedicated team on 0330 175 9683 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm) or email bereavement@ovoenergy.com.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues, and I'll ask Forum_Support to send you a private message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @DFLuke123 

I am just a customer like you.

If you ever feel you need to escalate further you can always go straight to the Energy Ombudsman now as you previously opened a complaint that wasn't resolved and was closed OVO.

You can give the details of this closed complaint to the Ombudsman.

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

You could also email the OVO CEO team to make them aware of your situation

Raman-complaints@ovoenergy.com

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback