Solved

How do I submit my smart meter readings on the online account or OVO app?

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It looks like my smart meter readings are feeding both my usage and my bills now. This is the start of my normal billing period and the smart meter readings from the 26th yesterday look like they had fed through. Example below is gas. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, it looks that way to me. That’s a pretty good sign so far.

I’m just curious though, is there anything in particular that you don’t like about the OVO Energy app, or that you’d like to see improved in some way? While Tim and Jess are the main OVO employees who patrol this forum, they are able to reach out to other teams where needed - and pretty much any feedback is welcomed.

If there’s anything in particular, it may be possible to have it passed on as feedback. Now that you’ve got a smart meter, the app might start to work better for you, but I’m told that the plan is to have both the app and web versions available anyway to provide the best coverage.

Userlevel 7

Thanks.

I can already see the smart meter readings on the website after my smart meter installation yesterday afternoon. Looks like it has been setup for every 30 min. 

That’s great news, @Jeffus. Whilst it can take up to 6 weeks for the meter details to be updated and the usage data to start appearing, often this does happen quicker and the process is getting more streamlined the more our systems improve.

Have you had the chance to check out the Greenlight feature yet? This is available on the browser or App version of your online account and will give you some really helpful usage tips now your Smart Meters are up and running - be interested to hear what you make of it!