Solved

How do I move my feed in tariff (FIT) contract AWAY from OVO?

• 31 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Our SSE FITs account has just been transferred to OVO - already we are singularly unimpressed by the ‘help’ OVO customer service have provided, and reading through the horrific stories on this forum of FITs payments being delayed by 6 months and more, we feel that we should remove our account to someone who gives a (insert expletive) about their customers. at the earliest opportunity.  We were only given a week’s notice by SSE that our account was being moved.  So, two questions: how do we shift to another FITs Licencee (we have the Offgem list and our current supplier is one of them - better the devil you know, as they say); Second, as our last payment from SSE was for the period up to June 2022, how do we get a final payment for the third quarter plus any intervening days at transfer out of OVO without having to resort to *edited by mod*

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 1 September 2022, 15:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/10/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi @susanc,

To switch your feed in tariff (FIT) to another supplier all you need to do is contact the FIT team of the supplier you wish to switch to, many will have online applications. 

They’ll then contact us through Ofgem to let us know you’re leaving, and will ask you for a reading on the day of your switch. They’ll use this to open your new account with them and close your account with us. We’ll then make sure you get your final statement and payment in the upcoming payment month. 

Here is a useful FAQ page about feed in tariffs, it also has the contact details for our FIT team if you need them. 

You can speak to our FiT Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

Userlevel 2

Switched to OCTOPUS in October. Sent 1st meter reading in December and they paid me within 8 days but still no payment from OVO-disgraceful OVO for June to December , it's MY MONEY OVO.

Hello mwalim. Did you ever get paid what you were owed? I'm in a similar position now, and wonder if you have any tips.

Userlevel 2

Yes MLOWEN, I did and very happy switching to Octopus - get paid within days of sending in reading. Ring the number given. 'You can speak to our FiT Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.' Say you are an ovo customer to get through when you select '4'. Contact Octopus via their form and say you wish to switch. I had no contact from OVO  but once I'd initiated switch with OVO that date was the switch date. Eventually OVO gave me my money - about 2 months later. In the meantime I had 1 payment from Octopus. Hope this helps.

Yes, thank you! We've already switched to Eon, but I'll be watching out for what OVO owe us.