Solved

How do I contact OVO regarding single to double glazing windows grant? (ECO scheme)

• 27 October 2022
  • 8 replies

I received a letter in the post telling me my house has a low energy rating and falls under the ECO scheme which is eligible for various improvements.

We are homeowners and from checking the Ofgem website we should be eligible for this scheme as we get warm home discount too.

My house is all fitted with single glazed windows (which let a lot of cold in and also a lot of noise) and they have not been upgraded for the better part of 15 years.

I have tried contacting OVO regarding this but the advisors have no clue of what I am talking about.

Please can someone point me in the right direction?

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 28 October 2022, 10:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

Try 0800 408 6601 or ovo@cse.org.uk .

Thank you however the number is no longer in service and it refers me to the customer service line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Does the email address work?

I have just sent an email over and it says the email address is no longer in use also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok. I’ll ask @Emmanuelle_OVO for help there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Manky 

There are contact details on the ofgem website

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-and-social-schemes/energy-company-obligation-eco/contacts-guidance-and-resources/eco-supplier-contact-details

For OVO it says 

Email: ECO@ovoenergy.com

So you could try that while waiting for @Emmanuelle_OVO . It doesn’t list a dedicated phone number. 

You can approach any of the suppliers on the list on the ofgem website. You are under no obligation to use your own supplier. 

In fact you will find suppliers offer different things and not all will offer double glazing as an option. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thank you I will email them now.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Hey @Manky,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community 🙂

This is a great question! I can see @Blastoise186 and @Jeffus have already given some great advice here.

You can contact the Centre for Sustainable Energy to find out if you’re eligible. Then you can contact  ECO@ovoenergy.com, you’ll then get further information about how to apply.

You can also check out more on the dedicated OVO homepage here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/energy-company-obligation.

Hope this helps.