Solved

How do I contact Boost Energy with a complaint?

• 14 October 2022
  • 69 replies

Does anyone now how to contact with a complaint other than they hideous online chat 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 17 October 2022, 12:03

View original

69 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

0330 102 7517 :)

I have that phone number I wanted an email that they actually reply to please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

In that case, your options are listed at https://www.boostpower.co.uk/feedback/

Userlevel 7

Hey @Simon Tate,

Sorry you’re having trouble getting through.

All information about how to get in contact with Boost can be found here. 

What’s your issue? We might be able to help here in the Forum! Our Online Community can offer tons of helpful advice and resources.

I have sent 3 emails to complaints@boostpower.co.uk and they have not replied once this online chat is a *Edited by Mod* disgrace.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you send repeated emails, it will slow things down as someone will need to read all of them before they can do anything.

Please try to only send one and wait for someone to respond.

I have sent 2, emails and they were a weeks apart!!! Still no response 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

What was it you wanted to get in touch with Boost about though? I might be able to answer it for you depending on what it was.

I and my wife are classified as disabled and I have been told that boost could offer me a better rate, I want this as we both have equipment that needs 24/7 electric power and I am quite honestly don’t know how we will cope., please don’t inform us of the register as we have that:,Need practical help which boost tell me we all pay the same rate.!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid no such offer exists. My friends have seen this exact same query before on another forum belonging to a different supplier and that supplier also doesn’t have such an offer.

You may need to check your sources again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The only one I know of is offered by OVO Australia as per the information at https://help.ovoenergy.com.au/hc/en-au/articles/360002079895-How-do-I-apply-for-a-concession-or-rebate-

But there’s no such rebates in the UK that I know of.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 07/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi @Simon Tate, my advice for someone who has medical equipment requiring 24/7 electricity supply is to consider a move away from prepayment energy. It’s not suitable to risk going off supply due to not being able to top up. Boost Power will be able to discuss with you the required steps that would allow a change to OVO Energy, speak to the team about this here.

Contact details for complaints are here. 

We can’t offer specific advice here as Boost Power is OVO’s sister company and have their own customer service team. Hope you find the right option for you. 

Why am I being sent prepayment cards when I pay by direct debit 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Stoker ,

That doesn’t sound right. I’d strongly recommend contacting support immediately to ask for help on that one. They should be able to check and resolve this for you.

Thanks for your advice Blastoise186, contacted support who told me to ignore the letter and bin the card, thanks again.

I’m on boost, but the webchat doesn’t work (hasn’t for days) and the phone number just keeps disconnecting. 

my gas meter has used £47 of credit in less than 48 hours! 

I need to sort it but can’t get through to them!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m really sorry about this @Danbhardy , but unfortunately there’s not much I can do here to help you with this one.

Have you tried https://boostpower.co.uk/feedback ?

Userlevel 7

I’d recommend we first try and rule a genuine reason for the credit drop, @Danbhardy. That way you may be able to avoid calling up during this busy period. 

Can you help us by confirming the meter type (smart meters?) and if you’ve been off supply at all for gas this week, or is there a loaded debt on the meter?  Being off supply can lead to unpaid standing charge debt, and a loaded debt can mean a % of a top up is taken. 

It’s very unlikely that something has happened with the meter or the tariff that’s causing an erroneous charge. We’ve made a guide here that’s also worth a look:

I’d recommend we first try and rule a genuine reason for the credit drop, @Danbhardy. That way you may be able to avoid calling up during this busy period. 

Can you help us by confirming the meter type (smart meters?) and if you’ve been off supply at all for gas this week, or is there a loaded debt on the meter?  Being off supply can lead to unpaid standing charge debt, and a loaded debt can mean a % of a top up is taken. 

It’s very unlikely that something has happened with the meter or the tariff that’s causing an erroneous charge. We’ve made a guide here that’s also worth a look:

It’s a smart meter. 

The story is that we had the smart meter installed in march but for some reason it didn’t connect to boost. We had bailiff visits to check the meter (despite contacting boost once a week to get it sorted) but no fault was found. 

Roll onto Tuesday this week when at 2pm everything switches off. Gas and electric. I get an email saying that I owe £1068 in electricity, but no mention of gas debt yet. So went onto emergency credit. Wednesday morning we finally got the 19 digit numbers to top up (they weren’t triggered until then, so since march no numbers). Went to top up but they wouldn’t work, online or in the shop. 10am the gas cuts off (so used over £15 of gas from 5pm Tuesday to 10am Wednesday). Got the top up problem sorted 5pm Wednesday. Topped up £120. We now have £55 left on it. 

There is no debt on the meter, the email says they will start taking it in April. 

hope this explains a bit better. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Danbhardy,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

It sounds like the drop in credit may have been due to you having to use emergency credit?

Have you managed to get in touch with Boost yet? I’d advise calling, given the complexity of the issues on your account. 

If you have a smart meter you should be able to top up through the App. 

Hope this helps, 

Is anyone else having trouble with topping up your pay as you go accounts for gas and electric lately? 

4 days ago I topped up £10 on my gas and the app timed out. The £10 is still showing as pending in my bank account but no gas went on and I had to turn on my emergency credit as I'm poor and my benefits were not due until yesterday. 

Today I put £10 electric on at 6:50pm and its now 8:40pm and I've still got no electric. I'm down to 2p and I'm worried that I'm going to have to put the emergency credit on the electric now! 

Plus my meter is still showing the crazy number that do not correlate so I have to go down to the bottom floor of my block of flats to check the actual meter that's outside to see the correct reading.

I'm just so frustrated with it all. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same troubles? 

Userlevel 7

So sorry to hear about these top up issues, @AmandaL. I’m not sure if you’re a Boost Power, or OVO prepayment customer. I’ve outlined here a way to manually add top ups using a PayPoint receipt: 

If those existing top ups are still pending, the customer support team of your supplier are best placed to help. If that’s OVO, you can chat with OVO support here. Just click the green chat icon at the bottom right of your screen. Or call them on 0330 175 9669 – they’ll be happy to help.

If anyone does have any luck with Boost please let me know. I’ve had nothing but trouble with them. I made a complaint in October and I’ve heard nothing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There is an emergency option I’m aware of that can be used if things get absolutely desperate. But it’s something that has to be justified first and I’d get into trouble if I was to just use it randomly.

I’m currently considering whether this is an appropriate case for that option. Please keep using the other routes for now as they’re more likely to get a result much faster anyway.

Can someone, anyone please offer help or advice, my father in law is on a prepayment meter, not for any reason he just never got round to changing it over, I have phoned Boost multiple times, tried chat and emailed the complaints with no response, he needs to switch to pay monthly and be on a better rate, the amount he is being charged is astronomical, he has COPD and is nearly 70, his house is being renovated at the moment and from Thursday evening to Friday morning, the electricity went down by £15! he isn’t even living there. I’m with British gas and I thought there customer service was awful, but Boost is beyond a joke.