Solved

How can I cancel an accidental renewal caused by a bug on the online account?

Show first post

55 replies

Userlevel 6

Not sure how you managed that, I was in and out of the page a number of times in the 2 days before I fixed a fortnight ago.

I’d give them a ring on Monday, you have 14 days to cancel it, it should tell you so in the email.

After fixing I got 2 emails, one each for electricity and gas, both of them had this (Depending on which plan it is the exit fee may be different, but won’t apply if you cancel before 14 days):

If you change your mind

You have a 14 day cooling-off period that starts on the day after you agree your contract. If you decide to leave after this, there’s a £75 fee for each energy type.

Userlevel 7
Badge

I've signed up for a 1 Year Fixed Plan, with no interaction or agreement from myself.

I was in a similar situation myself recently, on a Friday night, so it’s easily done. Luckily, there is a two-week cooling-off period in which you can cancel the switch without prejudice, so everything reverts to the way it was. Call Support next week and tell them you want to cancel the switch. You may be billed at the fixed rate for the few days between switching and cancelling, but the difference will be minimal.

Userlevel 7

Keep us posted with how you get on @AFreeSpirit67 

Hi

Lynne from OVO customer services has been in touch and all sorted now. Really do not know how this happened ( I don't normally use the website, just use the app) but no harm done and I'm back on the variable plan for now.

Thanks all

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi

Lynne from OVO customer services has been in touch and all sorted now. Really do not know how this happened ( I don't normally use the website, just use the app) but no harm done and I'm back on the variable plan for now.

Thanks all

You are not the first person @AFreeSpirit67