Having an issue logging into your online account or app?

Show first post

109 replies

Sooooo, any chance of a response?
Good luck 🙄
Again, rather than create a new thread.....for weeks when I try to log in to check my account or submit a reading, I get a screen saying my account is being set up. As it was set up nearly three years ago, I am confused by this. I have reported this several times and get a standard response telling me to try fixes I have already tried and tellin me that's it's been referred to the technical team. This team appears not to be able to manage a call management system as this query keeps getting lost...or ignored, I'm not sure which. Any ideas on how to progress this? Set up a camp outside the head offices? Stop my DD and await the court action? Any ideas appreciated.....
Hi @pmw75, when I had the same issue, Ovo's advice was to move to another provider. Hope this helps you as much as it did me.
Hi @ply, funnily enough I had a similar response. This is worse the Npower....words I never imagined would cross my lips...
I have just got my shiny new Galaxy S9. Migrated my S6 apps and settings, smooth process restoring from Samsung cloud, installed the apps and kept all icons in the right places, in the right folders ...
Tried to log into Ovo Energy ....errrr ....I can put in my Email address, but when I try 'Next', or tapping the password box, the cursor just jumps back to the email box (I can re-edit my email address, but attempting to go to password just repeats).
Uninstalled the App and reinstalled from Play Store, same thing happens

*****Just tried again, and I successfully logged in, as the password was accepted.
The only reason to save this reply is for a 'historical record'.
NOTE: my S9 did a system update last night, which may well have resolved the problem.

Couple of comments for Ovo admin.
Not keen on the forum layout, having to scroll to bottom to reply to the main post. IMO it would be much better to have a Reply link at the top (along with Like, Quote, Subscribe etc). A first time user may not appreciate that the Reply box is at the bottom of a long page.
I would also prefer the see the latest replies at the top/reverse order, as you would expect them to be most relevant, especially for a long standing post.
Why do the Bold, Italic, Underline formatting buttons in the editing box appear to be greyed out? This is the standard for showing items as being 'unavailable'.
Userlevel 7
Couple of comments for Ovo admin.
Not keen on the forum layout, having to scroll to bottom to reply to the main post. IMO it would be much better to have a Reply link at the top (along with Like, Quote, Subscribe etc). A first time user may not appreciate that the Reply box is at the bottom of a long page.
I would also prefer the see the latest replies at the top/reverse order, as you would expect them to be most relevant, especially for a long standing post.
Why do the Bold, Italic, Underline formatting buttons in the editing box appear to be greyed out? This is the standard for showing items as being 'unavailable'.

Hi @ChrizK Glad to hear you got the issue with the login sorted (I'm looking at an S9, so good to know I might have to do the same when I upgrade).

With regards to the above, thanks for your feedback. We are always looking at how we can make the forum better and easier to navigate. Some changes we cannot make overnight so will take a bit longer to fix. The order of posts on a topic is set by default to oldest in time/date order. This is to encourage users to read the comments posted before as it will likely resolve their issue or answer there question. If we moved the ask a question box to the top, a lot of users would not bother to read all the information in the thread and just ask the same questions someone else has.

You can as a user use the drop down to change the order to newest first so as a regular visitor you'd probably do that. Having it set as your own default would be ideal, i.e it remembers these settings by user, but we don't have the functionality to do that yet.

In regards to the greyed out options, they can still be used, again this is a default in the design of the forum. Again something we are planning to change in the next few months. We will be moving to a new version of the forum platform which will give you more editing rules and options, it will just take a bit of time to move over but we will keep you posted on that.

Darran
I don't fully understand the nechanism of this forum either. I have a problem that is related to the current topic and there are a few people with similar problems and I would have liked to have tagged mine along with one of those. However ....
My problem happens when I log on. Despite my account holding details of my email address, when I supply that in the field labelled Email address or OVO id, I generate an error message. So I try my OVO id instead And Lo! Login. I'm not keen on that being my only option and really want to use my email address instead of having to search for my OVO id each time.
Userlevel 7
Hi @ToneDialling - I've just tagged you in this reply by doing the @ symbol and typing in your username. The person tagged will get an email notification.

As for this log in issue, you should have the option of using your email address or OVO ID. If there's an error message when you try the email address, it might be an issue with the address on your account. For this to be checked, please get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter or phone: 0330 303 5063. I suggest you don't email in case we have your address down incorrectly.

Tim
I've been 2 years with OVO and my account still doesn't work properly. It keeps showing a warning saying that my electricity has been cancelled. I've e-mailed OVO support multiple times and I barely received an answer. WHO DO I HAVE TO CONTACT TO GET SOME HELP??
That's not good to hear, @liquidshadow

Send a PM to the Facebook team with your full name, DoB and account number so they can help - https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy.

Cheers,
Emma
I can’t log into the app. I’m clearly using the right password as any other gives s different error message. I just get Retry later. For a couple of months now. When I last logged on and submitted my meter reading it connected it to my old account at my previous address, a fact I only realised when you threatened to remove my online discount. Fortunately I can log onto the website just fine so have submitted this month’s meter reading there. Have been a happy customer for about 6y and recommend you to others but this is getting annoying.
I am having access my OVO account online or app. It constantly says incorrect email or password. I havn't changed them. No matter how many times I hit the "reset password" button, I get nothing. I hit it five times in the last ten minutes and NO reset email has turned up. Yes, it's the correct email address. This has been going on for weeks and the telephone help is bloody useless, less than. Does ANYBODY know how to fix this or me and OVO will definately part ways
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I am having access my OVO account online or app. It constantly says incorrect email or password. I havn't changed them. No matter how many times I hit the "reset password" button, I get nothing. I hit it five times in the last ten minutes and NO reset email has turned up. Yes, it's the correct email address. This has been going on for weeks and the telephone help is bloody useless, less than. Does ANYBODY know how to fix this or me and OVO will definately part ways

Hmm, Have you checked your SPAM or Junk? I use gmail and for some reason password reset appeared in my junk.

Hope this helps. let me know. We will get to the bottom of this!
Userlevel 6
Hi @swanseauk - have you tried using your OVO ID to log in rather than your email address?
I have been an OVO customer for a number of years with an online account. A couple of years ago, with Power of Attorney for my mother, I switched her account and successfully managed both accounts using our respective customer ID's and passwords......until recently when I was blocked from my own account. Currently, for the past few weeks I have been unable to access my account. Despite assurances from OVO's technical team, this remains the case. Time to switch?

Hey @KMac @MGMawby - thanks for getting involved on the forum.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app. If you're still experiencing these log in issues, I'd recommend dropping us a message via FacebookTwitter or our Help Centre has online chat!

I am so so frustrated.

4 weeks ago I asked if there was any update on my Gas and Electric accounts being sychronized as I had been chasing this for TWO YEARS!!!!

I WAS TOLD TO CALL BACK IN 7 DAYS (ARRRRRGH)

day 4 from this date I tried to log into my OVO account. I am no longer recognised and neither is my email that I have used for 20 years (arrrrrrrgh)

I called back and was told that I would have to get a new meter fitted for my Gas (Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh). Thankfully the call center person booked an engineer to come out and fit the new meter for the following Tuesday (yaay) and would send me a re-set login email to sort out the login problems - this was never done (ARRRRRGH).

The engineer has come out today and fitted my new meter. there is a £42 credit on my meter and I asked if this would be transferred over to the new meter. He said I would have to talk to you as "that's not his responsibility".

I have tried to log on to see the funds have been transferred over and guess what

I CAN'T LOGIN IN.

WHY HAVE YOU CANCELLED MY LOGIN

Please:
send me the re-set login
confirm my gas and electricity accounts are now sychronised
confirm the funds from my gas meter have been transferred over
send me a bunch of flowers apologising for a service which has taken TWO YEARS and you still have not completed the task.
Userlevel 6
We already had a topic on this, @CarolynTurmaine, so I've moved your question over here.

However, I believe you're a Boost customer - so you'll need to check out our Boost forum: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/.

You may find the answers you need here:

https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/smart-meters-smart-products-27/what-happens-to-the-credit-on-my-old-meter-after-my-smart-meters-are-fitted-88

https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/my-account-my-boost-24/can-t-log-in-to-my-boost-or-the-boost-app-we-want-to-hear-from-you-38

Eva
Please can you help me to login? Haven’t been able to do so and I’m a new customer!

Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Hey @annebulae - you should be able to find plenty of info on this thread about login issues!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@annebulae What appears to be the issue when you are attempting to log into you OVO account via the app? If it is saying incorrect username or password. I recommend you go to this link and request to reset your password and attempt to login again.

https://my.ovoenergy.com/password/reset

- Matt
Userlevel 2
Getting nothing but a white screen on the app and on the website when I try and login. Followed the instructions to reset my passwordand then it just doesnt work.

(This was prompted by earlier receiving the email saying I had been moved over to the new improved platform)

I check/use the site nearly daily, so this is quite a pain!!

Site wise, same result in Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Getting nothing but a white screen on the app and on the website when I try and login. Followed the instructions to reset my passwordand then it just doesnt work.

(This was prompted by earlier receiving the email saying I had been moved over to the new improved platform)

@sam_cat Have you tried incognito? It could be stored cache etc
Userlevel 2

@sam_cat Have you tried incognito? It could be stored cache etc

Cleared all cache, edge is a new install/never used to not that.
Just tried incognito and made zero difference.