Solved

Fixed Rate Ending in April

• 21 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I recently signed up to renew my energy for a further two years on a fixed rate from mid April. However, I have today received an email stating that I am being switched to a variable rate when my present contract finishes. Has anyone else experienced this? I have been with the company for years and my account always has a healthy credit balance. Not sure if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.

icon

Best answer by Nukecad 21 March 2024, 20:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

Try checking https://account.ovoenergy.com/renewal . See what it says there!

Userlevel 3

Hi @StephLG,

I’m sorry to hear this.

I can see that @Blastoise186 has already given a link to your online account which is a great way to check this. 

Did you receive an email confirming your fixed plan when you signed up for it? 

It may also be worth contacting the Customer Support Team who’d be able to look into this for you. 

Hi

Yes, I received a confirmation email,  which is why I am confused. I will contact them for clarification.

Hi

Yes, I received a confirmation email,  which is why I am confused. I will contact them for clarification.

UPDATE

I gave up on the on line option. I did the old fashioned thing of telephoning. Answered promptly. I am second person to raise today with the advisor I spoke with. Will raise internally. I await developments.

Userlevel 6

@StephLG  TBH that sounds like an automatic message sent out by a computer simply because your old fixed period is ending.

That bit of the computer program doesn’t “know” that you have already signed up for a new fixed rate so it just spits out the standard message.

You know better than that, but such automated messages can be confusing.

I see a lot of such with my other hat on giving benefits advice - particularly during the current migration from Tax Credits to Universal Credit the UC computer  automatically spits out a lot of unecessary ‘standard’ messages that don't  always apply and so can just be confusing.

Hi

Thank you for the response. I think you are correct but given that you can rarely rely on things to proceed smoothly as anticipated, I tend to check.

All will become clear in April.