Solved

Does OVO offer additional support for those using mains-powered medical equipment?

• 16 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi.  I have COPD, and need to use an oxygen machine at home to be able to breath.  Unfortunately as I am on benefits I am really struggling to pay my bills.  Is there any help available for me: as I can’t reduce my energy use-age any further.

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 18 July 2022, 11:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Updated on 18/10/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi @Ian48 - Welcome to the OVO online community,

Thank you for posting here with a really important question, which I’m sure others will be feeling given the current energy market. We really appreciate that rising energy costs can be really worrying, particularly as you mention using mains-powered medical equipment.

We’ve put together some advice and links to additional support on our website here. It’s important to mention that if you’re concerned about paying your next energy bill, we’d encourage you to get in touch. We’re here to help and can talk through the options available. You can find the best contact details for the team here.

We’d also advise making sure you’re added to our Priority Services Register. This is a free service offered to all energy customers who might have a medical dependency on electricity. As we share this information with your electricity distributors, they’ll make sure you’re given prior notice to any planned outages and may offer additional support during power cuts.

I hope this information helps.