Solved

Didn't the cost of KWH drop on April 1st 2024? Why haven't mine?

• 2 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

I knew standing charges were raising  ridiculously  but I thought KW prices were dropping?

I am paying the same KW for both gas and electric which will mean even though I use very little energy my bills will raise

icon

Best answer by Nukecad 3 April 2024, 14:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6

I knew standing charges were raising  ridiculously  but I thought KW prices were dropping?

I am poaying the same KW for both gas and electric which will mean even though I use very little energy my bills will raise

Where are you seeing that “poaying the same KW”?
eg. On your online account, on the OVO app, on your In Home Display, somewhere else?

And the obvious question: Are you on a Fixed Plan/Tariff?

Userlevel 3

Hi Nukecad

On the online account for days April 1-2

No fixxed Tariff

Userlevel 6

On the online account click “Plan” on the left and pull up your current plan.

That should detail your current rates and standing charges.

Compare those to the rates and standing charges as shown on your last bill that ended in March.

Userlevel 3

Yep I did compare the 2 bills thats how I knew the unit rate hadn’t changed. It has changed on the “plan” section. It seems that they have been quick to increase the standing charge on the bill, but surprise surprise the decrease on the unit cost on the bill is delayed!

Userlevel 6

Hi @Sally123 

If they’ve updated on the ‘Plan’ page then this is what you’ll be charged to when you’re next bill comes in. 

Even if you’ve got a smart meter or In-Home Display that’s still showing the same kWh unit rate, you’re not charged based on those, only the plan rates on the account.

If you’re still having trouble or the plan rates on the account seem incorrect, please do reach out to the so they can check it’s correct, and fix that if needed.

Let us know if you’ve got any other questions.

Userlevel 6

Yep I did compare the 2 bills thats how I knew the unit rate hadn’t changed. It has changed on the “plan” section. It seems that they have been quick to increase the standing charge on the bill, but surprise surprise the decrease on the unit cost on the bill is delayed!

The current ‘running’ bill should have so many days usage at the old rates up to 1st April, and then another one for the ongoing usage at the new rates as from 1st April.

Same with the SC, so many days at the old SC, and then so many days at the new SC.

Similar to this from the tariff change last October 1st (the SC didn’t change then, but it’s still shown split):

However it may take a few days to show like that - and if you are sending in meter readings and not on a Smart Meter then you won’t see that split in usage until after you send in readings and they can apportion it.