Complaint YET AGAIN

• 9 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

This is going out to anyone who has contacted customer services lately.. Nothing gets resolved.. It seems like the customer is doing the chasing and no one calls you back and when they do you sound like a broken record repeating the same thing over and over again.. When I first join it was a very good company.. But now it's one of the worst.. I'm still waiting for my complaint to be resolved and it's been over initially 2 months and ovo excuse is we can't put a time frame on it.. How ridiculous is that.. Can someone please explain?? 

7 replies

I agree, customer service is non existant. I have been trying to get my FIT account transfered to OVO for over 6 months.  It was only when I sent an offical complaint letter that they started to take notice. 

*edited by mod* 

Userlevel 1

I'm sick to death of ringing that department and still nothing gets resolved 

Userlevel 1

This company doesn't care.. Just as long as they get your money that's all what matters.. 

Feel your pain. Contacted them many many times. Really frustrating to try and contact. Added frustrating to the fact the online account is down for my account till a apparent 6 month mitigration is completed...

Userlevel 1

And that's another thing this company is a complete waste of time... You can't even get to see your own account.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This comment was written by one of the forum volunteers.

Hi,

Just gonna slide in here to clear up a bit of speculation and faults.

And that's another thing this company is a complete waste of time... You can't even get to see your own account.. 

Feel your pain. Contacted them many many times. Really frustrating to try and contact. Added frustrating to the fact the online account is down for my account till a apparent 6 month mitigration is completed...

This only applies to folk who are/were on the legacy billing system, codenamed Apollo and accessed via https://paym.ovoenergy.com and using a My OVO ID to login. If after logging in, you go to https://account.ovoenergy.com and/or you use your email address to login, you’re on the NEW billing platform which is completely unaffected and is fully operational with full access to online accounts.

The reason for the shutdown of Apollo is because there’s now less than 1% of accounts left on there, most of which require some kind of manual action to be able to migrate them, such as building a new feature in the new system. Just about every account that could migrate automatically to the new site already has been moved over, the rest will follow ASAP.

To those who say the old Apollo system is better and should stay, it is not. Apollo was a third-party system that was extremely broken and caused OVO a LOT of pain over the years which led to OVO giving up on it and rebuilding the entire system using an in-house solution. It is that in-house solution that you’re all being moved to.

It is possible that your access will be restored sooner and my understanding from what’s been discussed backstage on this forum is that OVO will try to speed this up if they can.

Userlevel 7

@Sandra Ross I’ve asked our Forum_Support team to reach out to you via a private message. Hopefully we can help or chase up that complaint so you don’t have to contact Support about this.