Solved

Changed to smart meter last week, but account still says it's Pay as you Go?

• 2 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello

Last week I got installed credit smart meter for gas and electricty. However, I have no access to the online account as it still says I have PAYG. Additionally, OVO says that my Gas account is credit but according to them my electric still shows as standard PAYG.

Anyone has experienced this before? I have called and chatted multilple times and nobody seems to be able to fix the problem

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 4 September 2023, 10:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hi @pablodelfraile 

Sorry to hear about this.

It can take up to 6 weeks for newly installed smart meters’ to settle in and for all of the details to be updated on the systems at the Support’s end, so some actions can’t be made on the account until they’ve updated.

Additionally, OVO says that my Gas account is credit but according to them my electric still shows as standard PAYG.

This could be because the meter details haven’t updated yet, so it’s worth giving it the few weeks, and if you’re still having issues logging in and seeing your account, the Support Team will be able to sort this then - but for now it sounds like the meter details just haven’t updated to the new ones yet.

Check out this helpful topic that explains the processes, timeframes and expectations for your new smart meter:

Not booked your smart meter installation yet? Login and book yours here: https://my.ovoenergy.com/login