Solved

Changed tariff after contract ended, but the offers are different

• 13 June 2023
  • 8 replies

• Carbon Cutter***
  • 5 replies

Hi Guy’s,  My OVO contract i was on was coming to a end, i was offered a v38, when i phoned which took a hour and 12 minutes to get someone.  I spoke to a very nice person who was very hard to understand and was from abroad, i really struggled to make her out, anyway she put me on a v39, i asked why and was told that was all there was.  I asked if there was much difference n the prices, was told there was not much.  Now i wanted to know if it was a year contract, and if i could just wait till the 1st July 23 to see if Ovo will drop the price, but she kept disappearing to speak to someone, and i was speaking to her for 25 minutes it was soul destroying, and i had to leave for my hospital appointment, all i wanted was off, so i am none the wiser.  Can any of you guy’s tell me if the v39 is more expensive than the v38, also if it is a year only contract and can i leave now within the cooling period and wait to see if the July price is lower. I am elderly and disabled, its to much for me.  Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 14 June 2023, 09:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @Dad ,

I’m afraid we can’t say without seeing the Tariff Information Label for both tariffs.

Try https://help.ovoenergy.com to use Live Chat. They can help with this. If it’s a fix deal though, then it probably already factors in the reduced upcoming rates and probably beats them anyway.

Thank you for your reply, that was kind of you, my wife is out she works the tariffs, i am lost.  As soon as she is back i will get her to give me the details.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dad , you might also be able to see plans relative to your location. 
https://plans.ovoenergy.com/

Thank you for your reply. i appreciate any help.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Dad and thanks for the post. Some good advice above, I’ve got some advice as well. 

I’m sorry to hear you were left with questions following your call about that renewal. 

In the email or letter we sent offering the v38 prices, it should state the number of days these prices remain available for. That way, if prices change upwards, you can still take us up on the offer of the v38 prices as long as you’re within the time frame specified in the letter. Of course if the v39 prices are lower, it’s in your interest to move to the lower prices. 

The advisor you spoke to should also have confirmed the cooling off period of your plan. This will include any days before the start of the plan itself. This information should also be sent to you via a confirmation email / letter. 

If you’re not sure of any of this, consider a web chat where you can link to this topic to save you having to explain yourself. Just click on this link and select ‘Message us’ to start a web chat: https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

You’ll first answer a few questions from our chat bot. When prompted to speak to an advisor, select ‘yes’. 

If you prefer, here’s OVO’s number (only if you are an OVO customer):  0330 303 5063

Thank you very much for your reply. i did not get any of the above information when i contacted Ovo, i was just told it would be a v39.  I have taken the v39 which started today, i was worried as i wanted to ask would it be better to wait till the 1st July, but i had been on the phone waiting a long time, and with the accent the person i spoke to , it was hard to understand, although he was very nice. i also wanted to ask if there was a cooling of period or a leaving fee, but i struggled on the phone.  I just hope i have done the right thing. Again many thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,

George.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Dad,

Sorry you were unable to ask the questions you wanted to.

Is it possible to try web chat? That way you have a written response instead:

If it’s OVO, consider a web chat where you can link to this topic to save you having to explain yourself. Just click on this link and select ‘Message us’ to start a web chat: https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

You’ll first answer a few questions from our chat bot. When prompted to speak to an advisor, select ‘yes’. 

Then link to this topic to save you having to explain yourself again: 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you for your help. I will check.