Solved

Card payment still not showing- Is this affecting other customers?

• 25 January 2024
  • 42 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Carbon Cutter****
  • 24 replies

I'm on pay monthly direct debit. I decided to make an extra payment to put more money in my account. Usually it shows within a couple of hours but it still isn't showing. That was 2 days ago. Why hasn't my credit balance been updated?

I talked to a customer service rep using the online chat after getting past the bot but got the same response i.e. talk to another department tomorrow. I experienced this last summer being sent into an eternal loop of being passed from the department to department and It took hours and hours and many weeks until it was sorted, always been told “give it a couple of days.”

My bank account statement shows that ovo has taken the money from my bank account. So why doesn't it show on my ovo account?

Having no true customer service that can service the customer for my energy via WhatsApp, chat, telephone… It makes me very nervous I know question whether it's worth staying with over for the sake of power move or switching to a supplier which can give me certainty of support. After all, what price for peace of mind? I know that sounds like a tough thing to say but that's how this ongoing issue makes me feel. Sorry.

If there's anyone out there who can help with this matter, I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 25 January 2024, 14:29

View original

42 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kall,

I’m sorry to hear this,

How did you make the extra payment? This information will help me provide advice. 

Hi there,

I’m in exactly the same position as this. I made an extra card payment on Monday. It has been paid out of my bank account but there is no sign of it on my OVO account. I haven’t yet tried to contact OVO about this but I will do if the payment I made is not reflected in my account by tomorrow afternoon. If I don’t get anywhere with that, I’ll be contacting my bank. 

Userlevel 2

Hey @Kall,

I’m sorry to hear this,

How did you make the extra payment? This information will help me provide advice. 

I used visa debit.

I just checked again btw. It still hasn't updated.

I used a mastercard debit for my payment. 

Exactly the same problem here.  I paid my monthly account by visa debit tuesday and it was taken from my bank account yesterday. Normally shows on my OVO account within a few hours but still showing as not paid this morning

Userlevel 2

It's strange this isn't it. I've always made extra card payments and never seen this problem occur before.

It's strange this isn't it. I've always made extra card payments and never seen this problem occur before.

This was my first time making an extra payment. The confirmation page did indicate it wouldn’t show on my account immediately but I’d have expected it to be visible 3 days later. Somewhat reassuring to know others are having the same issue, but it needs to be resolved. As things stand, the £150 I added the other day has gone down a black hole somewhere. 

Userlevel 7

Hi all, 

Thanks for this. I’m raising this to see if we’re aware of any issues and we’ll be back with an update as soon as we have any details to share. 

Userlevel 7

I can see we’re aware of an issue yesterday and it’s taken longer than expected to resolve. 

We expect that these payments will be added to your OVO accounts when this is resolved. If we have any more specific advice to share we will do that here. 

Userlevel 2

I can see we’re aware of an issue yesterday and it’s taken longer than expected to resolve. 

We expect that these payments will be added to your OVO accounts when this is resolved. If we have any more specific advice to share we will do that here. 

Thank for getting onto this quickly. It seems like there will hopefully be light at the end of the tunnel.

I  have the same problem here. I paid my monthly account by visa debit yesterday morning, still showing no sign of payment in my OVO account, this needs to be sorted quickly.

I paid my bill of £92.28 yesterday and it is still showing on my account as not paid,I used Apple Pay and the money has been taken out of my bank account.

Userlevel 7

Hi everyone, 

Thanks to everyone that has shared details of how they’ve been affected. 

This issue, where payments that are made aren’t showing on the OVO account, has been resolved overnight for any future payments. So I’m hoping everyone reporting issues were affected before today, the 25th January, as most of the comments in this topic suggests. 

We’re working out the details of our approach to getting the accounts of anyone affected updated. We’re sorry for any inconvenience causes by this.

Same issue. Paid with Mastercard credit and Mastercard debit on Tuesday 23rd January. The latter transaction was made because the former transaction did not appear in my OVO account so I retried with a different account. Both transactions have completed but the transactions do not show in my OVO account.

My latest bill was generated today (Thursday 25th January) and my OVO account is now in debit. I would like to resolve this quickly.

I'm having same experience payment not showing reported waiting on response and gave proof seem to be taking money and not putting in account not happy contract up in month this has probably made my mind up

Userlevel 1

I've got same issue with two payments four days ago and still hasn't been resolved.

This needs sorting asap please.

Many thanks Tim.

Just checked the website and my tuesday debit card payment has now been acknowledged.   All looking good.

Userlevel 1

I've checked again too and have received one of the payments, just waiting on the other. 

To give an update, one of the three transactions that were made on Tuesday 23rd January are now visible in my OVO account; two Mastercard credit transactions and one Mastercard debit transaction.

Nothing visible on mine yet

Nothing yet on mine

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It sounds like the backlog is currently being processed now. Please allow a couple more days for it to clear and if still doesn’t look right, Support can dig deeper for you.

I paid my mums bill on Tuesday still not showing as paid on app. Unfortunately mum doesn't have internet banking so not sure if it has come out of her account yet.

Paid my bill on 11.01.24 £195 and still not showing on my account. Now received another bill which combines 2 bills and now £400 in debt. Last 3 days trying to resolve this and still no answer. Very stressful and time consuming.

To give a final update, all three transactions are now visible in my OVO account. The issue has been resolved (for me).