Skip to main content
Solved

Buying house. Is the owners FiT statement genuine?

• 22 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I have been sent this statement [as well as two previous] as proof that the system is working. Page 2 is blank except for the header and footer. There is no address  or meter number to link to the property. Is that normal? Also this is supposed to be a years statement ie. to March 2024 but  is titled to March 23. Surely there would not be a ‘misprint’! The readings suggest one year. Hope it’s legible, my editing to mask some info. Photo of meter recently sent also attached. Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Breezy Jon ,

I’d say it probably is genuine. The ovo-comms.co.uk domain - and the app.ovocomms.co.uk sub-domain -  is one that I’ve verified belongs to OVO. It’s used primarily for sending out emails and dealing with things related to the emails you receive from OVO.

If you need to discuss that statement, try 0330 303 5063 - the phone system should offer you an option to talk to someone in the FiT Team so please listen carefully - if it doesn’t, you can be manually transferred after you get through. Otherwise, please email fits@ovoenergy.com and someone will get back to you.

Thank you. Will the FiT team discuss someone else’s account [just to confirm it is genuine]?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I can’t promise that because of GDPR, but they can check if OVO is the active FiT Supplier and whether FiT is active at all.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Breezy Jon

I can see our forum volunteer has already given some good advice here. It does seem to be genuine at first glance but if it is supposed to be a years statement the dates do look incorrect.

If you need to speak to the team you can try the number that was provided above and select ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so. They should be able to confirm if the FiT account exists on our system but won’t be able to discuss it with you if you’re not named on it.

Please keep us updated on how you get on.