Solved

Additional help for pensioners for the energy crisis?

• 4 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Can I ask is there any additional help pensioners can apply to ovo for in terms of fuel bills?

Regards Kath

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 4 September 2022, 18:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 16/10/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi @hart67 .

There is a degree of support available. As usual, there’s the Warm Home Discount, Cold Weather Payments and Winter Fuel Payments, I’ve documented some of the other support in a guide I wrote a few months ago.

There’s also links to other resources in that guide, one of which is OVO’s Customer Support Package that might be of interest to you.

If I come across anything else, I’ll try to let you know!

The Warm Home Discount (WHD) for 2023-24 is now open.

For those in England and Wales, eligible customers will receive a letter from the Government confirming if they are eligible, and don’t need to do anything to apply.

For those in Scotland, the Core Group remains unchanged and applies to those who were in receipt of the Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit on 13 August 2023. If you fall under this category, you do not need to take any action and you’ll receive a letter to notify you of your eligibility.

For customers in Scotland who fall under the Broader Group, you do still need to apply - you can check out this really handy guide on eligibility criteria for the Broader Group in Scotland, as well as the homepage for the Broader group from the Government: https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/low-income-scotland.

For more information, you can check out the Government Warm Home Discount homepage

If you think you might be eligible but haven’t yet received a letter, you can use the Government’s Eligibility Checker to find out if you could qualify. (Letters are being sent out right up until early January 2024, as per the WHD webpage, so if you don’t have it just yet, don’t worry).

Check out the dedicated Warm Home Discount topic below for more information:

Badge +1

Its unlikely that OVO will help.  The new PM will offer us all some sort of help shortly - but at present its an unknown.

How do I know that a payment has been made under the government help scheme.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @prefocus ,

Most of it goes to your bank account, except the Warm Home Discount which is basically the same as it was last year for pensioners for the most part.

Pretty much everything except WHD is beyond OVO’s control however.

After several pages and numerous links on OVO I eventually found the one paragraph that explained it. Checked bank account and there it was.

Thanks

prefocus