Solved

Can I get an accessible in home display?

Hello, 

Recently switched to Ovo from Eon.

I have said from the start that I'm sight impaired and require an accessible in home display.

Ovo have sent me out a normal display, not an accessible one.🙄

I have emailed three times & received no response. 

I have an AIHD here from Eon & it now says Ovo on it.

Can I just keep using this one, or do I need to have been given one from Ovo?

Why does it take 6 weeks to put me onto

Payg?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 3 May 2024, 16:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Good afternoon @Vapegirlclouds ,

Firstly, I’ll answer your original query, which I hope you’re OK with, then I’ll answer your second question. :)

If you already have an AIHD - and it sounds like you do - then you should continue to use that one as long as it’s still working as intended. They’re supplier-agnostic and will “follow you” when you switch Suppliers. The only time you’d need to have it replaced would be if it broke and couldn’t be fixed.

As for going onto PAYG, are you absolutely sure that this is what you want and it’s appropriate? We - as the Forum Volunteers - do NOT normally recommend it for anyone who is vulnerable so you may want to have a re-think about that.

If you still want to do this, please wait the six weeks out - which is needed to finish account setup/migration from your old supplier - and then discuss this with the Support Team. Details can be found at https://ovoenergy.com/help - you cannot request this change via email however.

If you haven’t already, please consider setting yourself up on the Priority Services Register via https://www.ovoenergy.com/register-for-priority-services or by chatting with the Support Team (ideally use Phone or Live Chat please!).

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Vapegirlclouds,

As @Blastoise186 has pointed out, your existing IHD should work and give you the necessary information. Let us know if you have any issues, and we can look into this for you. 

I would echo what he has also said about PAYG. We wouldn’t recommend it to vulnerable customers due to the risk of you going off supply if your credit runs out. It is ultimately your decision, as you will know your circumstances best, but we are here to answer any questions. The process can take up to 6 weeks to complete the change of modes.

Any change of circumstances let us know and we can update the Priority Services Register for you. 

I hope this helps 🙂