Solved

Mercedes max. charge level discussion- Any workarounds?

• 30 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Carbon Cutter****
  • 12 replies

I have read through some of the forum topics and it is well-documented that Mercedes and Indra/OVO has an as yet unresolved problem, that being the maximum charge level is re-set to 50% by software Gremlins.

I wanted to start a dedicated forum topic about this issue and keep it going until it is resolved, because this is not a minor inconvenience. It would be THE reason for me to not have ordered and signed a finance engagement for a Mercedes EV, or paid over £1000 to OVO for a charger. In my circumstances, charging at home is a key reason to have an EV. Without that, I would go back to a diesel tomorrow.

I will update the thread when Mercedes replies to me by email, now that I have been able to pinpoint the issue for them. So far (before I knew there was a big problem), they have replied quickly but with the generic “reinstall the Mercedes Me app - send fault logs - what phone are you using” etc etc etc.

So, I invite you to write your workarounds (if there are any), your communication with Mercedes and any other useful info on this topic to help other Mercedes EV owners live with this extremely irritating problem.

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 8 May 2024, 11:41

View original

2 replies

Badge

update today, 1st May 24. Car was 67% charged at around 11pm. I set the max charge level to 100%. Moments later, the app reset the level to 50%. At 7am the car was 90% charged.

So this is not a complete disaster but it is unpredictable and as reported elsewhere in the OVO forum, a long term issue.

Userlevel 7

Hey @NikB,

Hey @NikB,

This was the last update I received from the team:

Its a known issue with Mercedes still being in the Beta testing phase unfortunately. They are still working on it.

In order to stop a charge on Mercedes vehicles, we set the in-vehicle max state of charge to 50% which then shows in the Mercedes vehicle and app. To start charging again, we change the in-vehicle max state of charge back above 50% to the desired level. Unfortunately we are seeing that the increase from 50% to 100% state of charge isn’t being applied reliably on the Mercedes app.

If plugging in when the vehicle is under 50% in the afternoon/evening, we’d advise a workaround of checking the Mercedes app before you go to bed and manually changing the maximum state of charge back up to 100%. This should ensure the vehicle is charged correctly by the ready by time. We appreciate this isn’t ideal, so we’ve got our developers working on a solution to ensure reliable charging in the future.

There may be some more advice on the above topics.