Solved

Why is Charge Anytime not updating compared to renault app

Userlevel 2
Badge

Currently having issues with Charge Anytime not updating Charge % and range.  It is picking up if car is away from home or if it is not plugged in.  Seems like some of the Renault metadata is being read and some not.  Anyone else seeing this?   First noticed on Wednesday Iast week and reported it by email on Thursday.  Was briefly working on Thursday but now stuck at 100% and 16 miles since Friday.  Anyone else seen anything similar?  

icon

Best answer by wkeithg 22 April 2024, 21:07

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @wkeithg , welcome back! :)

I’ve not seen any other reports recently, but the team will most likely take a look and see what’s happening.

Keep us posted here with how things go!

Badge

Since last night, I've been encountering the same issue with the OVO Charge Anytime app. It displays the updated time, but the battery level and mileage readings are incorrect. Additionally, it incorrectly indicates that the vehicle is unplugged, despite being connected to the charger for the past 24 hours. I've already tried customizing the charge schedule in the Renault app, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for replying.  Looks like it is not just me then.   

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @wkeithg & @liedmund

It would be worthwhile emailing the chargeanytime@ovo.com inbox and asking them to look into this further for you. You may have the same or two separate issues causing the same outcome, but the team can investigate this with you. 

Let us know what you find out, and we can keep an eye on whether this is an emerging issue. Thanks for flagging it to our attention 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @wkeithg & @liedmund

It would be worthwhile emailing the chargeanytime@ovo.com inbox and asking them to look into this further for you. You may have the same or two separate issues causing the same outcome, but the team can investigate this with you. 

Let us know what you find out, and we can keep an eye on whether this is an emerging issue. Thanks for flagging it to our attention 😊

As mentioned i my post I reported this last Thursday and have been keeping them up to date using the reference I was given in the auto-reply.  I havnt heard back from them yet.

It is now back working and have asked them if they have done anything to make that change.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Since last night, I've been encountering the same issue with the OVO Charge Anytime app. It displays the updated time, but the battery level and mileage readings are incorrect. Additionally, it incorrectly indicates that the vehicle is unplugged, despite being connected to the charger for the past 24 hours. I've already tried customizing the charge schedule in the Renault app, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

Mine is now working

Userlevel 2
Badge

Charge complete and saving appeared on app so all seems fine now.   Will update when chargeanytime@ovo.com get back to me.  Hopefully they will know what was causing the issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got an update from  chargeanytime@ovo.com 

“There was an issue between Enode and Renault that has since been resolved which may have been the cause of your problem.”

Badge

Yep, it works now. But the “saving” tab just missed the charging record from 16-April to 22-April.Well, a bit suffer from the charges I made these day.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yep, it works now. But the “saving” tab just missed the charging record from 16-April to 22-April.Well, a bit suffer from the charges I made these day.

I too lost a few between 17 and 22.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @wkeithg & @liedmund,

Glad to hear it’s back working for you both and that the team confirmed it was a known issue 🙂

Badge

It’s dead again. I have plugged the charger since last night 22:00, but the OVO charge anytime is still shown with “unplugged” and nothing happen until 17:00 the next day.

Also, I was surprised by the WED and THUR charging schedule that the “SMART” charge only start at 03:00 and only last for two hours. Since I can’t install the 7KW charger at my drive way, I can only use the granny charger. Thanks god, the two hours had topped up just a little bit juice that is far from sufficient for my daily use. A little bit disappointed about that. Already thinking to shift to OCTOPUS to find a better offer.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It’s dead again. I have plugged the charger since last night 22:00, but the OVO charge anytime is still shown with “unplugged” and nothing happen until 17:00 the next day.

Also, I was surprised by the WED and THUR charging schedule that the “SMART” charge only start at 03:00 and only last for two hours. Since I can’t install the 7KW charger at my drive way, I can only use the granny charger. Thanks god, the two hours had topped up just a little bit juice that is far from sufficient for my daily use. A little bit disappointed about that. Already thinking to shift to OCTOPUS to find a better offer.

Touch wood, mine has been fine recently

Userlevel 3

Hi @liedmund

I’m sorry to hear this. Please reach out to the Charge Anytime team at chargeanytime@ovo.com so they can look into this further for you.

Userlevel 3

Hi @liedmund,

Have you managed to get this resolved?

I’m going to reach out to the team for you and will be back as soon as I get an update on this for you.

Badge

Hi there, it seems there's an issue with the Renault server. The situation is rather odd—I'm experiencing wildly fluctuating battery percentages and range readings on both the "My Renault" and "OVO Charge Anytime" apps. When I tried to start the charging process by plugging in the charger, both apps displayed that I had 70% battery and 61 miles of range. However, the dashboard in my car actually showed that I had 70% battery with a range of 140 miles (that is the actual real figure) before plugging in the charger. Additionally, the "Charge Anytime" app never indicates that I am charging; instead, it constantly shows "CAR UNPLUGGED" on my screen. At this point, I've given up on using "Charge Anytime" altogether.