Solved

Can anyone from OVO management tell us if they will work with ripple energy?

• 26 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Ripple energy sponsor a number of co-operative opportunities to invest in wind and solar power. The benefit is savings on your electricity bill.

Ovo are not on the list, despite their green credentials.

Is there any plans to change this?

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 27 April 2023, 12:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s an interesting question @mdean .I know that Ripple are reaching out to various suppliers but not sure about OVO. I recently signed up to the Ripple solar farm project and so am also waiting to see if I will be looking for a new supplier - although that is a little way into next year. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @mdean,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

Thanks for getting in touch, we’re always looking at new renewable generators to support in the UK, but at the moment we don’t have plans to work with Ripple however we love what they do!

Thanks for the clear response, however I’ve also signed up for the Derril Solar Farm project and would prefer to stay with OVO, so can you explain why you don’t have any plans to work with Ripple and at what point that decision will be reconsidered?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for the clear response, however I’ve also signed up for the Derril Solar Farm project and would prefer to stay with OVO, so can you explain why you don’t have any plans to work with Ripple and at what point that decision will be reconsidered?

You might find you get a fuller response from the ovo media team for this sort of question. Email address taken from the ovo website. 

media@ovoenergy.com

Thanks - I’ve sent them an email, let’s see if we get a more detailed explanation 

If Ovo dont want to work with Ripple, then we will have to find a new Energy Supplier who is working with Ripple.

Its no big deal for OVO to add Ripple as a supplier

Oh well our Ovo agreement is up in April 24, so we have the chance to leave then

I did get a reply from the OVO media team, but it only confirmed that while they like what Ripple are doing, they have no plans to work with them in the foreseeable future. 

seems a shame to leave as I’ve been with OVO for years and really like them as a supplier. However, I suppose you still have to adapt to be greener at the moment.