Skip to main content
Solved

Why is my smart meter connected to WAN but not sending data to DCC?

• 17 May 2024
  • 3 replies

My new smart meter is not sending data to the DCC. It was installed in Feb 24 and has sent data from 1st April (but not prior) and then stopped on 9th May. The WAN light still flashes every 5 seconds so I cannot understand why it isn’t communicating. The HAN light also flashes every 5 seconds and I can see live data from meter. I am on Octopus and they want to remove me from their EV tariff. Can anyone explain why this would not be communicating data and what I can do about it?  Grateful for any help. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Peacocksean ,

Sure thing. Do you see any errors or warnings at https://homebrew.n3rgy.com by any chance? If so, please tell me what they are.

Just a heads up, I won’t be around much tomorrow as I’ll be underwater for the day. Feel free to reply anyway at your convenience and I’ll catch up on my return.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks.

It seems there may be a fault with the Comms Hub - it’s running massively outdated firmware and that’s not a good sign. I think this might be your culprit.

Try asking for that to be looked into.

Userlevel 7
Badge

You can check what DCC is getting from your meter by using a third-party aggregator like n3rgy.com (part of SMS, the smart meter people). Since you’re with Octopus, this is a no-brainer: Smart Meter Reports (guylipman.com) Just follow the instructions.

If you find that all the data are there as expected, the problem is at the supplier’s end. Complain bitterly. If they’re not, the problem is probably with your meter.