Solved

What smart meter is this, and does it matter to update my meter details for the Forum?

• 3 October 2023
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

My profile includes model of smart meter and model of comms module. I have no idea what I have so... 

1: How can I find out? (preferably online, not squinting at the meter) 

2: Can't Ovo full this in automatically from my account number? 

and

3: Why should I care? 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 3 October 2023, 09:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 12/10/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi,

This comment is from a forum volunteer, not an OVO staffer.

Your forum profile is deliberately not linked to your supply account - it’s always been that way by design to help prevent unwanted leaks. As such, you must fill that in manually if you want it to show up here. Doing so helps us out but is optional.

We can grab those details for you if you show us photos of your meters.

So @Blastoise186 , here are pics of my meters:

Easy! S1 Secure Liberty

So @Blastoise186 , here are pics of my meters:

I would be grateful if you could tell me what model of meter and comms unit I have but also whether it makes any difference?

And finally what does “Securing energy by zapping security bugs” mean?

Thanks,

Simon

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Easy! S1 Secure Liberty

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As for the security bugs thing? That’s part of my forum signature which gets attached to basically everything I post here - it doesn’t form part of the posts/comments themselves.

It continues a long running tradition here that the Forum Volunteers and Forum Moderators set our forum signatures to some kind of energy related puns or jokes and given that I have cybersecurity experience and I’m often found bug hunting, the one I have fits perfectly.