Solved

What do the lights mean on my Landis+Gyr smart meter Trilliant communications hub mean?

• 6 January 2021
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 2

@Blastoise186  thanks for your quick reply. ...the HAN has never been it's always been red and flashing. Would this indicate a fault with the meter? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Possibly. I might need to call on a few favours to see if someone can find the document with the explanations on it though.

Try this tool, it might reveal something: https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Userlevel 2

@Blastoise186 ....thanks a lot for your help, it would explain a lot if this is the case 

We had a brand new smart electricity meter (Landis&Gyr E470 TYpe 5533) fitted on Wednesday afternoon. It’s now Saturday evening, and it’s clocked 30 KWh, so it’s metering fine.

The Geo IHD is still trying to connect, though it’s less than 2ft away from the meter. And on the “comms box” on the meter, there are no lights showing at all - SW, WAN, MESH, HAN are all off, all the time.

I’ve read here that it can take up to 6 weeks for data to start showing on our account or in the OVO app - but if all the comms lights are out, how is the meter communicating at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Postmaster , it does sound as though there’s a problem with the comms hub. There are some detail here which might be useful but if there is a problem you will need to raise the issue with customer support