Question

No heating for four months.

• 12 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Since switching to a smart meter I have had no heating, despite contacting OVO on many occasions I seem to be ignored. Has anyone else been treated this way?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

You’re not alone. This was my response to another customer in a similar situation just a couple of hours ago:

You’ll have to give us a lot more details if we’re to make sensible suggestions.

• First, a clear photo of the meter and its surrounding stuff; you might need to take two so we can read what it says on the display.
  • Then a screenshot of your Plan page showing the Contract details and the Prices and unit rates.

That should do for a start. 

Userlevel 6

Hi @Eamonn Forrest 

Did you get the issue with your heating sorted?

If not, it’d be very helpful if you could share the information Firedog asked for as that’ll help us start to see where the issue may be.

You’ll have to give us a lot more details if we’re to make sensible suggestions.

• First, a clear photo of the meter and its surrounding stuff; you might need to take two so we can read what it says on the display.
  • Then a screenshot of your Plan page showing the Contract details and the Prices and unit rates.

That should do for a start. 

Let us know how you’re getting on and if you still need help with this.🙂

It turns out that I was connected to a non existent MPAN (what ever that is) and so my economy 7 meter no longer existed, and so no heating! 

Userlevel 4

Hi @Eamonn Forrest,

I’m glad to hear you found the reason for the issues. MPAN stands for Meter Point Administration Number, which is unique and used to identify your energy supply point. You can find more information on it here.

To clarify, I’d like to confirm that the team got you back on supply. Do you have heating?

🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Please answer Chris’s question with something more than an emoji.

I will ask the question again. Is your heating working now, or is it still dead?