no economy 7 power

• 6 April 2024
  • 7 replies

No economy 7 power coming from the consumer box.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

You’ll have to give a lot more detail if anyone is going to be able to help you.

• A description of what might have happened to cause this;
  • A photo of the meter(s) showing the wires and other equipment around them, and close-ups of the screen if there is one so we can see what it’s displaying. Put the time it was taken in the caption.
  • If you have access to your online account, a screenshot of your Plan page showing the prices and unit rates, of your meter readings history page.

There are many different reasons for loss of power to part of the network, so the more details you give, the more likely it is we’ll be able to spot what’s wrong.

This has now been resolved. The switch wire for the immersion heater in the airing cupboard was burnt and the connection lost. The switch was replaced. However, this does not explain why the economy 7 radiators did not work. I suspect the meter did not receive the signal to turn on the economy 7 power.

Thanks for your replies.

Further to my reply above. I tried ringing OVO Energy and they were not available over the weekend. This is a very poor show.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s more likely the entire circuit was dead as a result of that fault.

As mentioned though, please show us your meters so we can advise further.

Sorry for the delay, my meter is awkward to photograph. This is the best 2 photos I can get. Many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks. There are two known faults with this particular meter model:

• Your meter is at End of Service Life due to age - it’s over 10 years old
  • It’s affected by the RTS Shutdown and must be replaced sooner rather than later

Please see the thread below for more details.

To get this resolved, I strongly recommend you book in a Meter Exchange at your earliest convenience. The fastest way is via https://smart-booking.ovoenergy.com .

Thanks for that. I will take it up with OVO Energy tomorrow and I'll let you know the outcome when known.

Once again many thanks.