Skip to main content
Solved

Need help setting solis inverter, it won't stay on over night even thought it's set to the 24hour function?

• 22 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have a solar inverter installed with acrel dtsd1352 smart meter connected at grid site, however when i choose the consumption monitoring option from the inverter, the app stops showing me the load, import and export information. The inverter also turns off during the night even though i have the 24  hour function enabled. The only fix i have found is choosing the meter in grid option instead. However the load shown now is actually the average power across the 3 phases and hence shows wrong values of export as well. Why is the consumption monitoring option not working as intended, and is there a way i can connect the dtsd1352 meter to soliscloud?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cypher , can you tell us more about your inverter/solar PV set up and show exactly what (presumably) Solis cloud shows you. 
I’m also presuming that you have the data logger installed

Badge

Sorry I forgot to go into more detail, the inverter is a grid-tied inverter Solis 3p(12-20)k-4g with 18 Canadian solar panels. Also yes I do have a data logger installed. I've attached the picture of what I currently see under the option consumption monitoring. Before that when I had meter in grid option it would show the typical graphic everyone has of PV generation,load and grid( no battery info since Its on grid)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have not seen a way to connect the DTSD unit to Solis as they have a communication protocol for their own devices. 
One other thing to bear in mind is that this forum is mainly UK focused and so might have different technical considerations to your own which appears to be Pakistan based. 
If you don’t have batteries installed then the inverter won’t be active overnight (with no generation) and from what I’ve seen elsewhere, on a 3 phase system, it’s usual to see the monitor as average unless you monitor the phases separately - perhaps that’s what you’re trying to do with the DTSD device but you would need a monitor designed for that unit

Badge

Yeah the inverter does get currents and voltages of each phase because of the smart meter but it still shows the average power as load. This is why I'm trying to figure out why the consumption monitoring function doesn't show me anything . I guess I'll stick with meter in grid option since that allows me to see my export and import values though they are off by a good amount.

Badge

I contacted Solis and they updated the firmware, the values on the app are now correct. The inverter does stay on during the night without batteries and is still showing me the graph for import/export.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good to hear that they upgraded the firmware. If the inverter is not ‘live’ overnight, it must be showing the feed from the grid (perhaps that’s what you meant).