Solved

My non-smart 3 phase meter shows that my usage has been very high since my solar installation - how can this be fixed?

Show first post

31 replies

Badge

UPDATE:

So i waited the 6 weeks for my enginner to arrive! i booked the day off work as they could only give me a window for them to arrive and at 16:42 that day i get the dreaded txt telling me

“Hello, we are sorry to inform you that due to  operational reasons we are unable to attend on the 4/09/2023”  We will be in contact to reschedule your apointment”

Needless to say i havnt heard from them since (2 weeks)

@Emmanuelle_OVO did you have any joy raising this internally?

Usualy poor service from an energy supplier.. But not to worry, they are going to give me £30 for taking the day off work..

Lost for words..

Userlevel 6

Hey @MJCommando 

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. I’ve been discussing this with a metering colleague and they’d like to gain some more information on the meter setup. I’ve sent you a Private Message, if you wouldn’t mind answering this, we can try and help with this.

You can access your Private Messages here: 

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Badge

UPDATE:

Decieded to call Ovo and see how things were progressing and guess what they werent.  Appartenty the txt that i received canceling my enginner was incorrect and shouldnt of been sent and the engineer was actually booked in for the 26th.. I called in on the (25th) They told me that they outsouce the smart meters to a company called SMS but and that the engineer should be coming out, but suggest that i called them to check! (Why i had to call them i have no idea) Anyway the person gave me their number and i called them.

They said that they had communication from Ovo on their APE system but it had not been booked correctly and this is a common issue that Ovo do so there was going to be no engineer visit on the 26th.

I would not of know this and would of waited at home AGAIN for no engineer to turn up.  They said that booking  to install a 3 phase meter was simple enough as long as the ovo person does it correcty on the APE system, and indeed they indicated that i could have one within two weeks if done correctly by Ovo.

So all excited i called Ovo back (Obviosukly got yet another different person) and explained the situation yet again and asked them to book me a 3 phase meter install.  After a very long time on hold and lots of back and forth they came back and said that they cant book me for a 3 phase meter install as there was no available dates on their system.  They couldnt say when they could do it and had no answers at all only that there was at this point absolutely nothing they could do and that was that… no meter install, no understanding of when it would be and it would be for me to continue to chase this up.. Told me this was the end of the line at this time and i had to hang up...

So months on now im no further forward.  The old 3 pahse meter is still not recognising my export, i have no idea when i will ever get one.

To be honet i am now lost, i just dont understand how Ovo can get themselves into such a bad position to offer such a terribble customer experience.  no one wants to take ownership, no one wants to help long term and it seems their attuide is that it doesnt matter.

Im not bothered about the amount i have lost by their old meter not accounting for my export, i just want a new smart meter but even this is just a none starter…

If i was lost for words before im just astonished now..

Badge

UPDATE:

Called Ovo yesterday to see if i can again book my smart meter in and i actually got one booked in!  WOW… booked in for the 20th between 12-4pm…  Super excited that this mess will be finally over and i can move on…

O but wait… today i receive an email saying that they are canceling my apointment on the 20th and that thats like likey that they have been is touch (Which they have not) about this.

Also if i need to rebook i can call them! why are they not calling me an rebooking this in?

@Abby_OVO @Emmanuelle_OVO 

What a joke….

Userlevel 6

Hey @MJCommando 

I’m really sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

It’s common for the connections to be in the wrong place or on the wrong side, which can cause it to register and contribute towards the import figures.

Would you be able to share some photos of the full meter and solar set up, and their connections? It may help us identify an issue, as it could be that the meter isn’t causing the issue. The topic below may also be really helpful for in getting to the bottom of a solution, that may not even require the meter to be updated:

Badge

Hi @Abby_OVO 

im not bothered anymore and have given up about how my meter is working and if it measuring my exports, i just want a smart meter installed.

Thanks