Solved

kWh displays on my new Alcara SGM 1411-3 Smets 2 smart meter to 2 decimal places?

• 3 September 2022
  • 4 replies

The kWh displays on my new Alcara SGM 1411-3 Smets 2 smart meter are in whole numbers, but I need to see them with 2 decimal places as on my PA meter.

How can I change them

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 3 September 2022, 10:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Hamish ,

Actually, the Aclara SGM1400 Series can display meter readings with up to three decimal places, press the A Button a few times and you can scroll through all of them.

Your In-Home Display can also show them under Meter Info as well, again to three decimal places.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that, I’m much obliged

Hamish

Hello ,

I have been trying this out and find that having got into the menu as described , I arrive at “Engineering settings” and then there is a requirement for an engineering PIN. so I am not yet at the target, which is to see the Import and Export values in XXXX.XX format .

I’ll be grateful for more assistance please.

Respects

Hamish

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Please don’t proceed any further into the Engineering Menu, there’s nothing in there that’s useful to you and the PIN Protection is there to prevent tampering. I’d strongly recommend against any attempt to brute-force the Engineer PIN as doing so will trigger a tamper alarm. OVO does monitor these and will respond to any potential tamper incidents.

I also know that what you’re looking for isn’t in there anyway. Try using the IHD or go through the A button menu. Those are the only places you’ll find what you’re after.