Skip to main content
Question

In-Home Display screen blank

• 7 September 2024
  • 6 replies

My In-home display told me batteries were low.  I changed batteries for new ones bought the same day and the screen is blank

@AnnieEvans , normally the batteries are just for back up but you should check polarity as well as trying the batteries in something else. It would be odd for the IHD to not work that quickly. 
You might also try to reboot by taking the power off for at least 30 secs and then restarting 

Depending on your IHD model, there might also be a switch

Hey @AnnieEvans 

Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having with the IHD.

Have you given BPLightlog’s advice a try?

@AnnieEvans , normally the batteries are just for back up but you should check polarity as well as trying the batteries in something else. It would be odd for the IHD to not work that quickly. 
You might also try to reboot by taking the power off for at least 30 secs and then restarting 

Depending on your IHD model, there might also be a switch

Let us know how you’re getting on with the IHD, if you’re still experiencing trouble, we’ll do out best to help get you sorted.🙂

Bought new batteries and no difference.  There is no smart meter communications hub attached to my meter.

Bought new batteries and no difference.  There is no smart meter communications hub attached to my meter.

If there’s no comms hub the IHD can never have worked .. unless it’s not a ‘smart meter’ IHD (there are some which just link via a CT).

If you show a picture of your meter area then someone will be able to tell - no personal details as this is a public forum

Phoned OVO and they are sending an engineer next week, also to look at my smart meter because the box it is in is full of water!

Hey @AnnieEvans 

Thanks for updating us! Does’t sound too great if the box is full of water.

Hopefully they get everything sorted out for you. Do keep us updated with how you get on.