Skip to main content

Is it possible for OVO to cross reference there marketing emails.

I receive mails highlighting the benefits of a smart meter all the time.

I would like a smart meter but do not live in an area that can support them (no signal apparently)

But OVO also tell me that I can't have a smart meter,

So one system is sending out spam emails that don't need to be sent which another system knows are useless to me.…

Anyway do you think it's possible they could make good use of the data?

Hey @Uvpurple,

Sorry for the issue you’re having,

There is the option to ‘opt out’ of marketing which should stop some of these communications via the online account or by contacting the support team.

If only! i don't want to opt out, as then I may miss something that saves me some money,

I want to get OVO to improve it's automation and save money for both OVO and everyone by reducing spam

Surely OVO has a team looking at data and automation, how do I speak to them?

If it doesn't very happy for a small fee to do some data work for OVO on top of my other data roles 

I’m afraid that’s not how it works - the team you’re thinking of doesn’t allow customers to contact them. If a job is what you’re after though, check out https://careers.ovo.com . AFAIK OVO won’t just take you on as a freelancer or contractor just because you ask.

With that being said, what you’re asking for sounds like it’d just get too complicated WAY too quickly. There is only a finite amount of segmentation and filtering that’s possible with email marketing tools and the more audiences and sub-audiences you create to cater for all the variables, the harder it is to maintain reliably.

The signal and coverage is improving all the time - you may just have to wait for a bit longer.