Solved

How do I get an In-Home Display (IHD) for my Smart meter?

• 25 January 2018
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No worries,

It may be worth chatting with your landlord about it as well. That IHD will NOT work with any other smart meters beyond the ones it has been paired with, so taking it elsewhere is not helpful since it won’t work. Strictly speaking, it also remains property of the supplier as well and shouldn’t really leave the house. If you’re able to recover the existing one, I’m pretty sure OVO would appreciate it.

Oh, and it also cannot be counted on the Inventory of the Tenancy Agreement as being landlord property either for the same reason. As a Gifted Item? Maybe, but given that it remains the property of the supplier and is kinda “owned” by the property where the paired smart meters were installed, it should really be brought home if it can be located. :wink:

Hi, is it possible to get a new IHD for smart meters that were installed by another supplier. 

We have smart meters that were installed for the previous home owner by Scottish Gas (I believe) but when the home owner died the family cleared the house including the IHD.  Our bills are rocketing and I can’t see why.  I have the OVO app but again the usage doesn’t make sense (using more while away on holiday than when at home)

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Howdy @Haz !

Did you mean British Gas or Scottish Power by any chance? Those are the two suppliers that seem to most likely fit the name you mentioned.

As for getting a new IHD though, yep, that’s definitely possible. I guess the previous family may not have realised that the IHD was supposed to remain in the house, though I can understand why they might not have known that given the circumstances. Not to worry, there’s a solution to this problem. OVO’s Support Team can help out with these.

If you let the Support Team know that you need a new IHD because you don’t have one yet, OVO can arrange for a replacement to be sent out free of charge. You’ll need to get it paired up once it’s been delivered and the Support Team will be able to walk you through the process once you’re ready. There’ll also be instructions in the box that will help you out as well.

Depending on what meters you have, it may take a while for OVO to get a new IHD sent out to you, but the Support Team will be happy to try and get that taken care of.

Hopefully you’ll be able to find that energy guzzler as well!

If you need a hand with anything else, feel free to stop by anytime. :)

Userlevel 7

As for getting a new IHD though, yep, that’s definitely possible. I guess the previous family may not have realised that the IHD was supposed to remain in the house, though I can understand why they might not have known that given the circumstances. Not to worry, there’s a solution to this problem. OVO’s Support Team can help out with these.

If you let the Support Team know that you need a new IHD because you don’t have one yet, OVO can arrange for a replacement to be sent out free of charge.

Some great advice here from our resident smart meter enthusiast, @Blastoise186.

I notice from a separate thread that you’ve actually got S1 Landis+Gyr meters installed there, @Haz - worth clarifying that we would need to be in communication with your meters in order to get an IHD paired up so I’ve made that extra clear on the Best Answer above. 

If we can’t currently offer you an IHD, all is not lost. Once your meters complete the ‘enrolment and adoption’ process and we re-gain communication we can then send out and pair up the device so worth getting back in touch at this point. :ok_hand: