Solved

How can I use my new smart meters to show the export reading for my Solar PV panels?

• 30 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

My new meter, installed Monday, does not seem to show solar PV generation or export, and the old solar meter is still in place. Is this normal?

icon

Best answer by sylm_2000 30 September 2021, 17:43

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Updated on 21/07/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Great question to ask about your new smart meters, @PhilHollington.

They should indeed be keeping track of the amount of energy that your solar panels are exporting to the grid - there’s some advice on how to check this export reading on this topic:

By your old solar meter, do you mean your generation meter? As I believe this still tracks a separate generation reading (which you’d need to submit if you are receiving the Feed-In Tariff).

I’m not the expert in all things solar, but we do have some PV owners in our midst here who might be able to help more - @EverythingNeedsAUserName, @sylm_2000, @PeterR1947, @Transparent - Am I right in thinking a Smart meter won’t replace a solar generation meter? :sunny:

You’re right. Solar generation meter will continue to report for the two elements of micro generation. Smart meter will the show overall import/export.