Solved

Gas Smart meter failed battery failed and I'm off supply - How can I get an emergency appointment at the weekend?

Show first post

107 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Anitaking 

Joanx and Jeffus have left some good advice here while Support options are limited, the Social Media team should be able to help you, as it sounds like you’re in need of a meter replacement due to the blank screen.

If you haven’t already, please do get in touch with the teams via Social Media. To start a Facebook Messenger chat, go to the bottom left corner of this webpage and click the blue circle. You can chat to us as a ‘guest’ if you don’t have a Facebook profile. 

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you, I have done this and was sent a message with their opening hours which presume doesn’t apply today? Have sent my act details etc. so waiting to hear.

Userlevel 7
Badge

I have done this and was sent a message with their opening hours which presume doesn’t apply today? 

Thank you firedog, yes they are closed but with emergency support for prepaid customers, which I am not. Every other contact link they provide sends you round in circles with no actual help, I have done all the tutorials, pressed all the buttons but it is dead! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you’re on Pay Monthly, the lines will re-open tomorrow morning. To anyone reading this, I recommend only reaching out to OVO for emergency cases like the one described in this thread as the teams WILL be smashed to pieces.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Anitaking have you managed to get anyone from ovo to help you yet?

Hi Jeffus, the heating engineer has been and we now have a second generation gas meter installed. The previous first generation had stopped working. We now have heating and hot water.  Thanks for everyone’s help and advice.