Solved

Energy tracker stopped working last October?

• 30 January 2024
  • 19 replies

Hello, been with OVO many years, and since you changed the name if the feature to Energy Insights in October 2023, this feature does not show my appliance usageĀ 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 30 January 2024, 11:42

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @andrew_gr,

Ā 

Iā€™m sorry to hear that,

Ā 

You should still be able to use the energy insights. ThisĀ energy tracker page on the website might be helpful. Do you have half hourly readings?Ā 

Ā 

It might be worth contacting the support team if the link Iā€™ve sent doesnā€™t help, I wonder if the issue is account specific.Ā 

Userlevel 3

/Energy Insights : Yes I have half hourly readings but my insight energyĀ  usage stopped sending weekly updates on the websiteĀ in Feb 2024. Anyone know why?Ā I found it really useful to judge if I was easing off the effortā€¦.. Has anyone else stopped getting their results?

Userlevel 7

Are you able to upload a screenshot pleaseĀ @Sally123Ā (Please donā€™t include any personal information in the screenshot)?Ā Iā€™m a little bit confused as to what youā€™re referring to.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 3

Hi Emmanuelle, strange but customer support wasnā€™t sure what I was talking abouut either.

From main website

Click on home

Click on energy insights

Click on energy usage and you get ā€¦...

How we calculate your energy use

• Electricity

• Gas

Ā 

Mon 12th FebruaryĀ -Ā Sun 18th February

You used 52% less electricity than similar OVO homes last week

13.84Ā kWh

Your home

28.81Ā kWh

Similar OVO homes

kWh

Cost

Compare to last week

* All categories in breakdown are estimated, excludes standing charge, VAT and any other cost. (This information is not used to calculate your bill.)

Ā 

Entertainment & Computing

I have the same problem and my meter is sending half hourly readings. I don't have the time to waste contacting customer services. OVO, please fix this

Userlevel 3

I did contact themm someone called and said they would look into it, that was a month ago and nothing since

Thanks Sally, that's par for the course with these big companies.Ā  The systems are so complex, very few staff understand them

Userlevel 2

Hi @Sally123Ā and @andrew_gr,

Ā 

Iā€™m really sorry to hear that this is still on-going. Are either of youĀ able to provide screenshots of what youā€™re seeing so we can look into this further for you?

Energy insights at bottom of usage page, but nothing shown.Ā  Eg entertainment,heating,lighting etc, nothing

Userlevel 7
Badge

@andrew_grĀ  Sally said she was using the website. Are you perhaps using the app?

Weā€™ve come across a few cases before of bits missing from pages at the account.ovoenergy.com website. The remedy in most cases was (a) adjusting any adblockers or similar browser extensions, or (b) adjusting (relaxing) the security measures in place for the site. How to do this depends of course on the browser and browser version in use.Ā Ā 

On my version of the app (Android, v.19.1.0 CodePush v459), the insights are now headed See where your energy goes, with a link to the details under Estimated use. This bit is immediately below the usage information, not at the bottom of the page.Ā 

Same problem whether in app on android phone or windows pc websiteĀ 

Ā 

Userlevel 2

@andrew_grĀ is it completely blank or just missing the data?

Insight inf set up but no info showing

Userlevel 3

Screen shot as requested

Ā 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Sally123Ā and @andrew_gr,Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for providing these screenshots. Iā€™ve forwarded these to the team that deals with the energy insights. Someone is now looking into this for me so Iā€™ll be back as soon as I have an update for you both.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Sally123Ā and @andrew_gr,

Ā 

The team have got back to me about this now. Theyā€™ve said that theyā€™re aware of this issue and are currently working to fix it. They expect it to be fixed over the next few days. If youā€™re still having issues by this time next week, please let me know. šŸ™‚

Userlevel 3

Hello Shads

The insite tracker worked for a week and has stopped working again. I may be more forgiving if my standing charges were not nowĀ nearly half my bill and even though Iā€™ve needed to do more laundry than usual (out of target time)I am not reaching the full discount target for the 1st time this month

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Sally123,Ā 

Ā 

I reached out to the team, and they will reach out to you to understand whatā€™s going wrong.Ā 

Ā 

Keep us updated, and if you need anything else, let us know.Ā šŸ™‚

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Sally123,

Ā 

I heard back from the team today, who looked into your issues with the insight tracker. They advised that it looked like a communication issue where they werenā€™t getting the half-hourly readings needed to create the data you see on the tracker. Theyā€™ve confirmed that itā€™s working again and that you should see the data. Could you confirm from your end if you can now see this?Ā 

Ā 

Let us know how things are going for you and if you need further help.

Ā