Bright app only showing data sporadically

• 11 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Any idea why my Bright app doesn’t show whole chucks of days ? I have half hour data showing for 8th August only, prior to that just 9th July, 3rd, 5th and 9th June, 30th May.

Everything was fine until 28th May. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s only my Bright app that’s been rock solid .. but it’s connected via the Hildebrand Glow IHD.

I have had gaps with both Hugo and Loop recently. Hugo sorted itself out once I’d sent a report but I had to remove and reinstall Loop to get it back to operating properly.

Worth a shot? (Removing and reinstalling)

Userlevel 7
Badge

I have half hour data showing for 8th August only, prior to that just 9th July, 3rd, 5th and 9th June, 30th May.

Is this on a PC or on your phone?

On my computer, when I’ve noticed gaps in the data, I go through a little ritual that seems to work most of the time:

1. Switch from Hh to hourly view or vice versa;
  2. Open settings, scroll down and Refresh data;
  3. Switch from Cost to Energy or vice versa;
  4. Open settings, scroll down and Refresh data;
  5. Close settings, then repeat (1) - (4) with the other views (four in all);
  6. Refresh the page (F5). 

This even brought in data for one day in May that had been missing for weeks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It’s on the iPhone app. I’ll try your routine ! Thanks…

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Update: deleting and reinstalling the app hasn’t made any difference unfortunately, nor has the data refresh routine. However I have found this screen which shows what data is missing!!! It’s the daily comparison which I’d like to see, to monitor my pattern of usage. I’ve asked Bright HQ to see if they can come up with something.

Userlevel 7

Hey @juliamc,

Any update on this? Or response from Bright HQ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nothing yet, lots of data missing still.

Userlevel 7

Does your current supplier have this intra-day usage for the same period, @juliamc? 🐙

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, I have half hourly data on my Octopus app, for every day.

Userlevel 7

Hmm, Loop and Hugo take the lead in the battle of the third party usage apps perhaps…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hmm, Loop and Hugo take the lead in the battle of the third party usage apps perhaps…?

Hugo is certainly the most reliable - even going back to retrieve missing data when requested. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Certainly no backfilling of data on the bright app :(