Solved

Are GEO Trio II Different Versions / Firmware Update Possbile?

• 12 November 2023
  • 15 replies

Hi all - new member to the forum with a question on the Geo Trio II.

I seem to have a slightly different model than is shown on any of the websites.  It’s a non touch version, but it doesn’t have any notification LED at the bottom of the device.  It’s also wifi enabled, but doesn’t have a dongle to provide this, the wifi module is internal to the device.

I’ve been able to connect it to the geo Home app successfully and was wondering if firmware updates are ever provided, and if so how they are delivered?  Looking in the manual for the version of the device with the LED at the base there seem to be some display customisation options which are missing from my device - and I was wondering if they are available with a newer firmware?   Looking at the forum it appears that @Blastoise186 is your resident expert on these devices, so maybe they would know?

My current version details are as follows:

• Model Number: Trio II
  • Hardware Version: 01
  • UI Version: 2.3.4
  • JN Version 1.139.242.0
  • Firmware Version: A5.10.0/B2.2/T2.27

Thanks in advance for any help you’re able to give!

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 12 November 2023, 13:17

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy!

From my understanding, Geo IHDs eligible for Firmware Updates get them OTA automatically. As yours is connected to Wi-Fi, Geo can check the status of the one you have.

Send them an email via customerservices@geotogether.com to ask for a status check and let them know I sent you their way. They’ll help you out with checking it.

Howdy!

From my understanding, Geo IHDs eligible for Firmware Updates get them OTA automatically. As yours is connected to Wi-Fi, Geo can check the status of the one you have.

Send them an email via customerservices@geotogether.com to ask for a status check and let them know I sent you their way. They’ll help you out with checking it.

Thanks for your quick reply.  I’ve emailed Geo as suggested.

I’ll update here when they get back to me, in case it’s helpful for anyone else.

Hi @Blastoise186 .  Geo responded quickly , but said ‘This is not a service we provide I am afraid. ’

Any other ideas or contacts?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hmm… Guess their rules must have changed somewhere along the line.

Unfortunately, my contact that I had at Geo has also left the company. Time for Plan C. Bear with me!

Hmm… Guess their rules must have changed somewhere along the line.

Unfortunately, my contact that I had at Geo has also left the company. Time for Plan C. Bear with me!

Thanks @Blastoise186 , if you find a plan C let me know! :)

Userlevel 7

Any update on plan C @Blastoise186 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yes, that discussion was in the PZH area. :)

Unfortunately, I’ve got no news. There’s no-one at Geo who knows me anymore so I can’t use that route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could try their sm account @se1lad 

I’m told they do generally reply

https://twitter.com/geomonitors 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What firmware do you have on your Trio @se1lad ?

The latest I’m aware of is A5.10.0/B2.2/T2 27

Edit: sorry - just looked back at your first post but that seems to confirm that there’s no update available currently 

What firmware do you have on your Trio @se1lad ?

The latest I’m aware of is A5.10.0/B2.2/T2 27

Edit: sorry - just looked back at your first post but that seems to confirm that there’s no update available currently 

Not an OVO customer, recently had British Gas swap out an pre-comissioned gas meter for a new one to perform commissioning and he swapped out my old WiFi enabled British Gas Trio 2 for a non-Wifi Geo Branded Trio 2.

It’s missing the slot for the WiFi module completely and no longer has WiFi internally enabled. Seems like they don’t want to provide live data like they used to.

The latest batch of non-Wifi Trio 2’s on BG are running A5.11.0/B2.2/T2.27. Similar to OP’s, non LED as well and no buzzer. Seems like the newer IHDs by Geo are a downgrade.

Hope this helps :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you have the Geo Trio II Touchscreen, Wi-Fi is usually built-in. If it’s the touchbutton and you want the Wi-Fi features, you need the Wi-Fi Module.

tbh most people probably wouldn’t use that feature anyway.

If you have the Geo Trio II Touchscreen, Wi-Fi is usually built-in. If it’s the touchbutton and you want the Wi-Fi features, you need the Wi-Fi Module.

tbh most people probably wouldn’t use that feature anyway.

Mine is a touch button version with WiFi built in internally - there was no additional slot/module.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Interesting… The Touchbutton variant doesn’t normally have that. I know from a Geo contact I used to keep in touch with before he left...

Interesting… The Touchbutton variant doesn’t normally have that. I know from a Geo contact I used to keep in touch with before he left...

From what I can gather there are 3 different models of the touch button variant:

Model with the LED light which has a slot for the optional WiFi module

Model without the LED light with WiFi module built in internally 

Model without the LED light without WiFi module, and no slot so not upgradeable 

Userlevel 7

Hey @se1lad,

I found this user guide from Geo, does that help?