Solved

Why are there charging issues using my Porsche app, Charge Anytime app and my Indra smart charger?

• 15 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Good evening 

just been reading this forum as I thought I was going mad with my Porsche App , Kaluza web app and charge anytime app …. 

I’ve had Indra and charged EV out multiple times to my home and there are some serious issues which should be addressed 

Firstly the charge anytime app is the dominant app if you have an Indra smart pro charger and are using the OVO anytime tariff. 

the charge anytime app adds erroneous profiles and timers to the Porsche app ,a profile called ENODE and a timer which is usually a day to two ahead . The charged EV and Indra people I’ve had out watched this happen in real time. 

The only solution for us was to ONLY use the charge anytime app to schedule the car charging setting it at 50% min and 85% - 100% max (annoying that the app only allows one schedule and not a 7 day version this really really would be helpful) 

When plugging the car in you may still get a red charger error but as long as your Indra is showing 4 solid white lights and your timer is scheduled on the charge anytime app then you just leave it plugged in and leave it to charge in preparation for your time the next day . It’ll optimise the charge from when you plug in to when you need it . 

Do not use the porsche app in any way other than to precondition the car which works. 

Would be good if ovo issued a message about this to its customers about porsche vehicles at least, is this happening with other makes and models? 

The head of charged ev fitters nationally was with me today and hes relaying this information internally to their entire fitting team so they can advise customers having the indra fitted if these issues arise. 

If someone at ovo could respond about this issue will undoubtedly save everyone a tonne of man hours fixing issues. 

My final point is that ovo anytime isn't actually anytime as if you come home and need to charge immediately and start an emergency charge you'll be charged the normal rate per k/w and not 10p per k/w

Would make a difference if we had it anytime as the tariff suggests @ ovo 

Hope this helps someone as it's driven me mental over the last 2 weeks

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 16 March 2023, 13:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @kentbod and thanks for flagging this. 

It sounds like you've linked Charge Anytime to your vehicle when you have an eligible smart charger. The Indra and Ohme chargers will interfere with the Charge Anytime schedule if linked to the vehicle, so it's important that you link directly to you charger.

Please delete your account by going to settings in the Charge Anytime app, then add it again in the offers section of your OVO online account, but this time select that you have an Indra charger when signing up.

Once linked to your charger you don't need the Charge Anytime app. You can just use the Indra charger app.

Let me know how this goes,

Tim

Badge

@Tim_OVO this is the issue, OVO / Indra hasn’t told clients that the Indra App isn’t working and that we have to use the Web App…. is that the case still ? as there seems to be so much confusion around this from OVO / Indra / Charged EV who all say different things sadly. 

when speaking to OVO EV last week (with the charged EV guy at my house) they told us not to use the Indra App as it wasn’t working and only to use the web based Kaluza (same thing in case anyone is wondering , Indra app is Kaluza) 

so should i still delete charge anytime and use the web based Kaluza link to set up charging times please ?  

Userlevel 7

Yep that’s the one, @kentbod - the kaluza/Indra web app is the one for you as you have a compatible Indra charger. 

This should work:

Please delete your account by going to settings in the Charge Anytime app, then add it again in the offers section of your OVO online account, but this time select that you have an Indra charger when signing up.

Clearly we need to make this much more clear to customers - we’re working on it!

Badge

@Tim_OVO can someone call me on this please ive been away and what you say about adding the car via “offers” on the account is impossible as there is nothing in offers for EV cars???

please call me via my mobile which is on the account 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid callbacks can’t be arranged from here. You’ll need to get in touch with Support from your end.