Solved

Unable to set up charging schedule on Jaguar iPace, and being forced to charge ASAP - is this right?

• 6 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I have a Jaguar iPace with the Ohme ePod charger which I have been told will still work once Jaguar lockdown their API preventing Anytime charging in the normal way.

I tried last night and again tonight and the only way I can get the car to charge is via the “Charge to full ASAP” 

I have tried to set a schedule but the car just says “initialising” the jaguar app has no schedule set

I am missing something - BTW I deleted my Anytime account and re-open it under the Ohme and not the Jaguar.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 7 March 2024, 16:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Dalang !

You can definitely migrate over, but please discuss this with the Charge Anytime team first. Ping them an email to chargeanytime@ovo.com and they’ll help you get that sorted out.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Dalang,

I’ll ask the team if they have any advice and report back 🙂

Userlevel 7

Updated on 21/03/24 by Abby_OVO

Hey @Dalang,

The team has advised it sounds as though your Charge Anytime account (D2V) wasn't deleted correctly.

They advise you reach out to them directly at chargeanytime@ovo.com so they can check and advise accordingly.

For more on Charge Anytime check out the homepage as well as the dedicated FAQs page

If you’re looking for information on hot to set up Charge Anytime, we’ve got super helpful topic guides depending on your compatible equipment:

Not sure if your smart charger or EV is compatible? Don’t worry, we’ve got a full list of compatible EVs and smart chargers here.

Badge

Hi Emmanuelle,

Thank you for your help.

I am not sure if the team did some work in the background or if it was just a glitch but all seems to be back and working fine and charging via the Ohme app with the schedule works.

Thanks Again Dale

Userlevel 6

Hey @Dalang 

Glad to hear everything is working now and charging via the Ohme app. 

If you’ve ever got any questions in future, please don’t hesitate to pop back to the Forum any time.😊

Badge

Hope you had luck keeping the Ohme charger work - or even better return it and swap for a usable charger!

I have an Ohme charger and it's been giving me lots of trouble for the last 6 months. They blamed the car API but were soon found out. As the issues within the app are too obvious, after many months of complaints and detailed reports. 

Just as an example, yesterday (after a lot of trial and fail.. ), I set it to accept up to 12p pricing (Zeus was blowing the windmills at full power 😉, variable pricing paradise). I looked at the app and it said nothing available, wait for tomorrow´s pricing (available in 7 hours). And yet all the pricing periods this morning were below 4p - according to the same Ohme app!

I tried restarting the charge session in the car, reconnecting the cable to the car, restarting their app, rebooting the charger from the switchboard/RCD. But this time nothing fixed it, at least not immediately. 

At best their app testers have all been asleep. How can the Ohme app say no price below max available and just after one tap, you can see several?