Solved

Tesla wall connector compatible with Charge Anytime?

Hi all, 

I’m getting ready to buy my 1st EV and am looking at home chargers. 
Is the Tesla Wall connector compatible with OVO anytime charging please?

Thanks. 😀

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 14 March 2024, 17:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gustiferson , not currently - although if your EV is compatible, you could still use it

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Gustiferson ,

Not at the moment I’m afraid! You’ll need and Ohme or Indra Charger for that. Oh, and Hypervolt v3 support is right round the corner too!

What EV are you thinking about? If you’re cool with telling us, I’ll check compatibility for you. Feel free to dump a whole list of them you’re interested too and I’ll check them all! :)

Thanks for your help, with this. It’s disappointing that the Tesla wall connector is not compatible as it’s only £475 and is just as capable (if not better)than the more expensive ones that OVO want me to use…
I'm looking at getting a used Kia e-Niro or a used Renault Zoe, 2 years old. 
I’ve checked on the OVO website and both show to be compatible with the OVO anytime charging. :-)

Userlevel 7

Thanks for your help, with this. It’s disappointing that the Tesla wall connector is not compatible as it’s only £475 and is just as capable (if not better)than the more expensive ones that OVO want me to use…
I'm looking at getting a used Kia e-Niro or a used Renault Zoe, 2 years old. 
I’ve checked on the OVO website and both show to be compatible with the OVO anytime charging. :-)

Exciting stuff getting your first EV @Gustiferson! 😊🚗

Brilliant that both vehicles you’re looking into getting are compatible with Charge Anytime. We have tons of great topics on the Forum related to Charge Anytime, here are a few you may find helpful:

Pop back anytime. 

I’ve just had a quote for an installed Givenergy EV charger. The installer insists it is compatible with Anytime ev charging, is this correct please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Gustiferson ,

As far as I know, that’s NOT a supported Charger right now. The ones from Ohme and Indra are supported, with Hypervolt V3 coming very soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ve just had a quote for an installed Givenergy EV charger. The installer insists it is compatible with Anytime ev charging, is this correct please? 

If you have a compatible EV it would be but the charger itself isn’t listed. 
https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime

So am I correct in thinking that having a compatible car (2021/22 Renault Zoe or Kia e-Niro) means that I can use OVO anytime charging with a non indra or Ohme charger? 

This is unclear (to me) from the OVO info pages. 
I want to get this sorted, but obviously don’t want to make an expensive mistake! 
Should I speak with OVO directly? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So am I correct in thinking that having a compatible car (2021/22 Renault Zoe or Kia e-Niro) means that I can use OVO anytime charging with a non indra or Ohme charger? 

This is unclear (to me) from the OVO info pages. 
I want to get this sorted, but obviously don’t want to make an expensive mistake! 
Should I speak with OVO directly? 

You can enquire if you prefer chargeanytime@ovo.com but if you use the link I gave it takes you through the compatibility check for you. 
Basically you need a compatible EV or a compatible charger so yes, with a compatible EV, you would use the Charge Anytime app with any charger (it’s slightly different if you use a compatible charger).

There are also other criteria like a functioning smart meter and no solar PV (you can use the Indra charger if you do have solar PV). If you’re switching to OVO then you would need to wait for your meter to be linked and sending readings before using CA

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Gustiferson  

That is a really good answer from @BPLightlog  which covers everything. Have you tried using the compatibility checker yet? Would be interesting to hear your results after using it. 

We have a really active community on the Forum who use EV and Charge Anytime. We are excited to hear about your journey with your first EV and experience. Once you have it please let us know and we can award you with an EV badge!