Solved

Tesla charging- Is it cheaper after 11pm?

• 27 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

So I just signed up to this charge anytime for my Tesla but see it’s cheaper after 11pm ????? And starts then ?I know I can plug in any other time but it’s my standard tariff , is this correct? 
from 11pm 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 28 March 2023, 14:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you’ve set it up correctly you should be able to set the target charge % and the target ready by time and it will do its stuff at the 10p rate. You may be seeing it want to start charging at 11:00 because that’s what it has calculated it needs to do in order to hit your desired state of charge with the greenest/ cheapest energy. My overnight charges don’t normally start until the early hours but I have also scheduled daytime charges and these have completed successfully ie been recognised by Ovo at the cheaper rate.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @simongrigg 

How did you get on? I’m in a similar situation. Connected the car ok, but the car didn’t charge!!!

Also couldn’t connect to it at all until I went to it this morning. 

It’s not the signal as I’ve been parking there since I got the car a month ago and have always been able to connect to it. 

Userlevel 7

Updated on 09/02/24 by Abby_OVO

Hey @simongrigg  and @smym,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, 

It's worth checking that you haven't got any settings/charging schedules set on the vehicle app/vehicle or charger as these will conflict with the Charge Anytime app.

For more on Charge Anytime and how it works, check out the FAQ homepage. We’ve aslo got some really handy topics on how to set up Charge Anytime with either a compatible EV or charger:

Keep us posted how you get on. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just to update on this

Everything is working now. I’m not sure what “fixed” it , but I did reboot the car. 

Roll on the savings!! Wooohooo🥳