Solved

Problems with OVO Charge Anytime and Cupra Born

Badge

Dear support 

I am facing issues with Smart charging (Charge Anytime) not working. Since starting this process in January I have had numerous issues and never once have I just plugged in and it just worked, usually requires several visits to plug in / unplug etc until the app registers the car being plugged in and overrides the immediate charge on the Cupra App.

That aside my problems are worse right now - plugged in today and as usual the Curpa starts it’s (temporary) immediate charge. This is meant to stop immediately, as soon as the Ovo app registers the car being plugged in. 

So I tried the usual dance of unplugging / plugging. Ovo app keeps saying ‘Car unplugged’, while the Cupra is charging at full rate through ‘immediate charge’. 

So I decided to delete the vehicle from the OVO app and re-register as new vehicle. It seems register fine, but when I go to dashboard - stuck on radar graphic and ‘Connecting to your Cupra’ message. If I view Account tab, shows as no registered cars. 

Please help 

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 7 March 2024, 16:51

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @cloud ,

Sorry, but the OVO Forum isn’t the right place for this one. Please email chargeanytime@ovo.com and they’ll sort you out.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here tonight. The vehicle is talking to the MyCupra app, but the Seat / Cupra server obviously isn’t interacting with the ChargeAnytime app. Full fat electricity, also sabotaging Ovo Power Move percentages and rewards.

Badge

Hi @cloud ,

Sorry, but the OVO Forum isn’t the right place for this one. Please email chargeanytime@ovo.com and they’ll sort you out.

Thanks

Hi @Blastoise186 

I have contacted via the email address also, but just wanted to see whether others were experiencing similar. 
just in last 5 mins, it is now showing that smart charge timer, ready by 7am. Hoping it will work. On the Account tab it still shows as no vehicle registered so it’s all a bit confused currently..

thanks though, I’ll stop posting Smart charge comments on here . 

Badge

Same here tonight. The vehicle is talking to the MyCupra app, but the Seat / Cupra server obviously isn’t interacting with the ChargeAnytime app. Full fat electricity, also sabotaging Ovo Power Move percentages and rewards.

Hi @stephens  

Thanks for the response. Sorry to see similar issues. So do you see the message that car is unplugged?
I did suspect it was some Cupra connectivity issue, rather than Ovo. 
 I know this isn’t a Cupra born forum either but how are you finding it? I had hoped for better, the infopainment is shocking, I can see some quick wins if they got a usability expert to actually to live with it for a week or two.  A lot of frustration with every drive. 

thanks again and hope your smart charge starts working again  soon

cloud

Userlevel 1
Badge

The problem appears to have resolved some time around 7pm, but not before the car had largely charged at premium rate. Second time this has happened in 14 months.

There is no Ovo Charge Anytime forum. Wonder why? Forum managers have started Charge Anytime threads in the Smart Home forum, but since a Smart Meter is a prerequisite for Charge Anytime this forum isn’t inappropriate IMO.

The benefit of a forum post is that you can ask “is it just me that …?”. I’ve had mixed experiences of responses from the chargeanytime@ email address.

Keep an eye open for infotainment software updates on your Cupra (Red dot - top right). (One recent one professed to fix MyCupra connectivity issues.) Check with your Cupra dealer whether there are any other software updates that only they can do. My December problems (Charge Anytime repeatedly failing to trigger a charging session) appeared to resolve having done both.

Badge

Started experiencing issues last night after seamless smart charging using Ovo charge anytime with a Pro EV charger and our Born since August. Constant failure to charge notifications, to the point it runs down the 12v battery and loses contact with the Born app. 

Weirdly it wouldn't even take a charge on the 3 pin straight from the house. 

This afternoon it worked fine on full price juice so we topped up a bit, but again this evening can't do a scheduled charge. Something has clearly changed. No software update available via the car 

Userlevel 7
Badge

There is no Ovo Charge Anytime forum. Wonder why? Forum managers have started Charge Anytime threads in the Smart Home forum, but since a Smart Meter is a prerequisite for Charge Anytime this forum isn’t inappropriate IMO.

The benefit of a forum post is that you can ask “is it just me that …?”...

Blastoise wasn’t suggesting that this forum was inappropriate for discussions about Charge Anytime or other topics of interest to EV owners. He reacted to the original post, which was addressed to Support and called for help. That’s what the forum can’t do, but as you’ve found, as often or not it’s the experience of other users that help. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @cloud,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, I’ll ask the team and report back to you. 

Badge

Hey @cloud,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, I’ll ask the team and report back to you. 

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO 
Thank you, so last night we actually managed a smart charge but it’s listed on an ‘Unknown car’, hoping this doesn’t affect my credits. On Account area of app, remains as no registered cars. So definitely something not quite right. 

Many thanks

Userlevel 7

Sorry for the delay, I’ve had a response from the team @cloud:

This issue isn’t a trend we’ve come across.

Missing charges and delays in the app showing that the vehicle is being plugged in will be because the vehicle isn’t always sending us status updates through Cupra’s API connection, either due to on or all of the below:

• the listed intervention needs addressing and is preventing us from receiving regular updates
  • the vehicle’s 3G/4G/WIFI network connection isn’t great when it’s plugged in at home to charge
  • the vehicle manufacturer’s API connection might be patchy at some points

To establish communication with your vehicle, follow these steps to deactivate "Offline Mode" through the vehicle's infotainment system:

1. Access Settings: Open your vehicle's infotainment system
  2. Disable "Offline Mode": Within the system's "Settings" menu, find the "Offline Mode" toggle and turn it off

If this customer has already reached out to our team, it will be escalated and worked accordingly. 

Badge

Started having issues with Born not talking to Charge Anytime a few weeks ago, coinciding with a Cupra software update. Constant charge failure notices, eventually running down the offline battery to the point the car stops speaking to the Cupra app. No ability to smart charge, increasing our energy bill by £50 a month. Absolutely zero response to emails or forum posts from OVO or Cupra, which I find deeply frustrating. 

We thought we found a workaround, as the issue seemed to be the charge failing when it was 'next charging after 00.00' so if you stayed up until midnight/1am whenever the OVO app said the next off peak window was it would kick in right away and take the charge. 

However this stopped working over the weekend, and our three pin constantly stops charging after a few minutes so we we were in a position yesterday where we had 12% battery and could not charge by any means. We tested our cables on a neighbours car, no issue and the charger works when you can overcome the handshake issues with the app so it has to be the code between Cupra and OVO. So we were stumped, with no juice and unresponsive manufacturer and energy supplier after two weeks of requests for support. 

Then I had a brain wave and we seem to have found a solution, albeit an annoying one, which I hope will save fellow users time, stress, and money!

If you remove the car from the OVO app and charge it kicks in right away. Only then do you reconnect the Cupra app to the OVO app and schedule a charge, it then pauses and kicks in at the scheduled time. You have to do this every single time you want to schedule a charge, it will fail unless you disconnect the Cupra, and reconnect it only after the immediate charge has started. 

There is a short delay before OVO talks to the car and pauses the charge, so you are on full price energy for about 10-15 mins but at least from there on its own the smart rate, and you can leave the house. So that seems to be the solution for now, but for goodness sake Cupra and OVO sort this out!!!!! (And reply to your customers). 

Userlevel 7

I’ll ask the team about this @JRhod and report back.